It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

kimsmith678 HB User
Question Is ovulation next?

Hello Everyone! I was recently diagnosed with anovulation (I do not ovulate each month). I have not had a period since February 2010. My bf and I have been ttc since Oct 09. I was told if I lost 5% (15 lbs) of my body weight then I should start my period and ovulate. Well, I started the Atkins diet and lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks. Well 4 days ago I started spotting dark brown. Well, I thought my period flow would increase and become red like it use to. However, it has stayed brown or black. It is only there when I wipe majority of the time. I do not think I ovulated because I did not have any discharge like I did in the past and I did not experience any symptoms. So my questions are.. why is it so dark? Why hasn't it increased in flow? Is it because I did not ovulate? Is my body just preparing itself for ovulation in 2 weeks?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Is ovulation next?

I am no expert, but I have suffered from problems related to bleeding. Currently I am in the middle of a 9 month stint with a combination of gushing red blood, the dark brown spotting, and everything in between.

When I am in the dark brown phase, (like I am right now) I consider that to be old blood, and not indicative of a regular period. Until your bleeding is recognizable as period blood, brighter red and flowing constantly over a few days. I think your body is signaling that is getting ready to ovulate, but until you see that regular old friend...I would encourage you to be patient and be kind to yourself until you cycle gets back into your rhythm of life. I wish you well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is ovulation next?

brown blood is old blood that was not expelled in a previous period. Since you haven't had one in a while, I would expect there is a good bit that needs to pass. That's very normal.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
(female)

kimsmith678 HB User
Smile Re: Is ovulation next?

Thank you both so much for your advice. It has really given me a different perspective on the situation. My "period" has completely stopped today. No brown, black, pink, or red has been visible since midnight last night. Hopefully I will ovulate and can start my journey to conceive again.

Closed Thread