It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

isitjustme HB User
Arrow my menstrual cycles are getting weird

Anyway, I am a 40 year old woman and my menstrual cycles are getting weird anymore.

I do take birth control, so I do have a normal cycle in days. But the rest of my cycle is screwy.

I am having menstrual cramps so much more than I ever have before, I am starting to get cramps a week before my period. I am not bleeding or anything, it is just really bad cramping, it does come and go though. Also, I am getting cramping in my back area, which I have never had menstrual cramps in my back.

Also, I have been having tail bone pain on and off, well, it seems to me that the tailbone pain is worse when it comes to my menstrual cycle. There is a burning pain when I sit down for a period of time.

I am bleeding alot more than I used to. But I am having the same amount of days of my cycle, it lasts about 4 days, I usually start on Wednesdays and am done by Sunday morning.

I have been so very moody this past couple of days too, where I am never really moody, not like this time.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: my menstrual cycles are getting weird

You probably need to change your BCP. You may be starting into perimenopause too. A different formula may help there too. It did with me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
isitjustme (11-24-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

isitjustme HB User

Hi Titchou,

Well, I went to my doctor last night for my pap smear, usual yearly exam and a new prescription for birth control.

Well, they put me on a different bcp because I turned 40 and overweight, they wanted to put me on a lowerdosage. They are taking me off Desogen and they put me on Microgestin F 1/20. The doctor said that might help with some of my ailments and symptoms also.

When I was there yesterday, I got kind of embarrassed, I went to go into the stirrups and I leaned on my tailbone, I was almost in tears, well when I leaned on it and put my leg into the stirrups, my left leg got a huge cramp in it. I had to rub it out, wasn't funny at the time, but now I am laughing about it.

From last night till about 5 o'clock tonight I was having like menstrual cramps and they have been worse than before, but again, I am 2 weeks before my menstrual cramps.

I feel so depressed today.

When I told her my ailments yesterday she really didn't say much about it at all. I don't think she thinks I am an idiot. She was young enough to be my daughter. I didn't like that feeling of a doctor being much younger than me, maybe a couple of years but she was almost 2 decades younger.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Give the new bcp a couple of months to see if they work.

And if you are 40,considering that college is 4 years and med school is 4 years and then residency, etc, I seriously doubt she close to 20 years old! More like close to 30. They just get younger looking as we get older!

Closed Thread