It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #1
(female)

Ashlee555 HB User
Vagina opening (excess flesh)

My vagina has always been quite normal and i only ever kinda had sex once with a condom. It hurt way too much. That was 3 months ago and up until about a month ago i could fit my finger in my vagina(i was curious because it hurt having sex so much) and it was just normal (nice and smooth).
Lately i have been trying to see if i can still fit my anything in and have been having difficulty doing so. Its like there is something stopping me from entering with ease it hurts a little when i do so otherwise it doesnt cause me any grief. I finally had a look with the mirror just now and it looks like something fleshy is coming out. Its not hanging out or anything but when i split my labia you can clearly see it. Its a lighter colour and seems to be split. i have no idea what it is. Im really freaking out. I stopped taking the pill about 2 weeks ago because i didnt need it anymore(and i could no longer fit into my bras) if that may be the problem?

ahhhh advice or someone with a similar thing would great!
Also.. if i want to see a gynacologist, do i need to go to the doctors first?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Vagina opening (excess flesh)

I would go to the gyno. No point in wasting time with the GP. It's probably something like the remainder of your hymen or a septate situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
(female)

parkerstumble HB User

I feel like this is kind of the same thing as me. Its really painful and impossible for me to have sex. I looked at mine in a mirror today for the first time and saw excess skin just as you described. Its very light pinkish and you can only see it when my vagina is spread open. Mine is really rigid and thick. If you find anything out- please let me know!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
(female)

Hesione HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerstumble View Post
I feel like this is kind of the same thing as me. Its really painful and impossible for me to have sex. I looked at mine in a mirror today for the first time and saw excess skin just as you described. Its very light pinkish and you can only see it when my vagina is spread open. Mine is really rigid and thick. If you find anything out- please let me know!
It's your hymen, and it probably hasn't been sufficiently stretched yet. Contrary to common wisdom, they don't always tear like tissue paper and disappear after the first time you have sex. If I remember right, mine looked bulbous and even a little purple. I went through the same thing, and it took weeks and many painful attempts at intercourse to get past it. You might try experimenting with penetration on your own with lubricant before attempting sex. If you do, use an in-and-out motion because it will be more natural and easier on your body than just inserting something and leaving it in. (Ok, it sounds obvious, but I didn't know this when I was working through this problem years ago and wish someone would have told me!)

It is possible to have an extra thick hymen which can make things more painful, so look into that if things don't change. Also, vaginismus (painful penetration; may be psychological).

Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

I agree with the others: hymen remnants. You probably just never noticed them before.
You'll probably retain them until you give birth vaginally, and then they'll be history.
Being on (or off) the Pill would have nothing to do with it.

Mention it to the doctor if it concerns you.

best wishes!

Closed Thread