It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
(female)

Amyleep HB User
Could I be pregnant??

Hi. I has my last period at the end of October. I was on antibiotics which apparently hinders the effectiveness of my birth control pill right before my last period. My back up method was "pulling out" for lack of better term. (I apologize for the crudeness). I've been having very slight tinge of brownish pinkish discharge. Next period due in 7 days. Took a home test two days ago it was negative. Could the spotting have been implantation bleeding? How likely is it that I got pregnant? Also I has sex november 1st twice then again a week later using this "backup" method.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
(female)

amanda729 HB User
Re: Could I be pregnant??

no offense to you, but if you didn't want to get pregnant why didn't you just use condoms? as for the spotting that could just be your body preparing for your period or implantation bleeding. you really won't know until you are beyond your date your period is due.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
(female)

Amyleep HB User

My doctor failed to tell me this and we always use this method anyways in addition to the pill because I am paranoid about it. A friend notified me o this side effect which I then researched.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
(female)

amanda729 HB User

well the "pull out" method doesn't really count as a "real" method. if you are so paranoid why not just use other methods of protection, like condoms? like i said before, im not trying to be rude to you or anything but if you are so worried about not getting pregnant then you should be a little more responsible.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
(female)

Amyleep HB User

Wow. Thanks for making me feel like garbage. It was just a question.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
(female)

Amyleep HB User

That's why I put certain terms in quotations- because I am fully aware that I was at risk after the fact. I AM responsible. I am on the pill! Most women on the pill never use condoms in addition to the pill (as far as pregnancy prevention is concerned).

Old 11-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
(female)

amanda729 HB User

i apollogize, my intentions were not to make you feel like garbage. it's just there are people in situations such as yourself who can do things to prevent pregnancy but don't take all precautions necessary, like you said you used the "pull out" method because you are still scared of getting pregnant. if you are still scared of pregnancy why not use condoms with the pill? granted you did state you are taking birth control, but i was under the impression that it was general knowledge that antibiotics reacted with birth control contraceptives. it's just a little upsetting when there are people who have a very hard time conceiving such as myself, then there are people who are worried about being pregnant when it could have been prevented. i know this is just a bunch of rambling it just hits a bad nerve. so again, im sorry for making you feel that way.

Last edited by amanda729; 11-14-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Closed Thread