It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

calq HB User
Unhappy Horrible pain in Ovaries, no answers

I need help/opinions.
I'm a 22 year old female who's always been in excellent shape and health.
Two years ago I started getting horrible pains in what I believed to be my ovaries. A surgery resulted in several removed cysts, a small tumor and endometriosis. One month later the pain was back & I was placed on Lupron Depot (basically an artificially induced menopause to suppress endometriosis.) I was on Lupron for almost a year when it just stopped working and the pain came back ten fold. Another surgery later the doctor stated there was nothing wrong with me and I was making this up. I'm working with my employer who is a OBGYN and specializes in HRT. He has me scheduled to see a gastro-intestinal doctor for a colonoscopy but we're really at a loss as to what's wrong with me. Mind you only ONE doctor has opened me up, the same doctor is the only one who has ever done an ultrasound on me. He says there's nothing there and told me it's all in my head. I can't walk, sit, move or do anything! I'm a college student who can't even go to my classes because I can't muster up the strength to get ready unless under heavy narcotics and even then I STILL feel the pain. I'm gaining weight and can't lose it, my BM have changed, I'm horrible irritable, I'm suffering in my relationship w/ my fiance, does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong with me?

***I posted this in Chronic Pain, but I'm thinking you gals will be able to help me out a little more

The following user gives a hug of support to calq:
somedaysn (11-17-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Horrible pain in Ovaries, no answers

I have seen other patients complain that if they do lupron their ovaries are horrible afterward. I know someone who did danazol and while there was no period it was not too bad but afterward came back with a vengeance. Some things that seem to make some peoples ovaries worse are sesame seeds, soda pop, spices, black and white pepper or other chemically hot foods mustard greens, onions of all types, vinegar, ginger maybe cinnamon, chemical substances, too much sexual activity. I hope this helps have have a nice day!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

somedaysn HB User
Re: Horrible pain in Ovaries, no answers

the worst thing is for someone to tell you that your pain is in your head, I have been told that before. I have also been told different things by each Dr. sometimes it all depends on that persons interest in your matter and sometimes has to do with the lack of interest or experience. I do hope that they can find out what is going on. Smile.

Closed Thread