It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

starshine2 HB User
I need to know if you think i am pregnant please!!!

Hi I am 18 years old and take the birth control pill, however last month my period/ break through bleed only lasted barely 1.5 days rather than its usual 4 and it started on the last day of the 7 day break. I am now nearly due to have my period again and take my last pill tomorrow. I have had nausea a couple of mornings, constipation then diahrrea (sorry) and have backache, cramps and a LOT of discharge. I have also gained 4lbs I dont know whether i am pregnant or have just thought about it too much. took a test after the last period which said negative but its been a strange month and i dont really want to keep taking tests but cannot stand the wait. any advice? anyone had the same thing?? p.s. this month my pill has been taken in the morning some days and the evening others due to busy lifestyle . .. help!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
(female)

EstherGreen HB User
Re: I need to know if you think i am pregnant please!!!

Honey, I'm the the same boat! I am on the pill too and although I have got my period each time for the last 3 months, I have been bleeding between periods that has now stopped and I have thick white discharge, sometimes clear.
My breasts are tender and my nipples are sensitive. I thought I had a touch of nausea the other morning, but nothing since. Also a little weight gain. I have no idea how it could have happened if I were to be pregnant - I take my pill at the same time each day. The last couple of mornings I've been moody.
My partner thinks I'm being paranoid, but pregnancy was my first thought. I took a test 5 days before my period which was negative. I think I'll just go for a blood test instead.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

starshine2 HB User

Well i have taken my pill at a difference of 12 hour apart from the regualr time some days this month, could this be a massive issue? my partner also thinks i am paranoid . . .why dont men understand?? (whole other issue haha ) my nipples are sensitive, boobs falling out of bra, stomach sensitive to any pressure. But i am also undergoing investigation into IBS but that would not affect my periods. I am having an ultrasound scan in 2 weeks for my IBS but it may end up showing more than that. If i am pregnant, although 18, i would cope as i work full time in a nursery so i have money, however telling my mum would be the hardest bit!!! I am completely taken over by this thought, i cannot think of anything else that could mess up my periods or my body like this. But i have read about phantom pregnancies so i dont want to think too much incase im tricking the body . . .why so complicated???

Old 11-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
(female)

EstherGreen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine2 View Post
Well i have taken my pill at a difference of 12 hour apart from the regualr time some days this month, could this be a massive issue? my partner also thinks i am paranoid . . .why dont men understand?? (whole other issue haha ) my nipples are sensitive, boobs falling out of bra, stomach sensitive to any pressure. But i am also undergoing investigation into IBS but that would not affect my periods. I am having an ultrasound scan in 2 weeks for my IBS but it may end up showing more than that. If i am pregnant, although 18, i would cope as i work full time in a nursery so i have money, however telling my mum would be the hardest bit!!! I am completely taken over by this thought, i cannot think of anything else that could mess up my periods or my body like this. But i have read about phantom pregnancies so i dont want to think too much incase im tricking the body . . .why so complicated???
I don't think taking your pill 12 hours late would make you more prone to pregnancy. If it was any longer, then perhaps you would have another issue. I think your fine, honey!
If you are diagnosed with IBS though, make sure you refrain from sex if you experience any vomiting or diarrhea. This makes your pill more ineffective. The same with antibiotics.
At 18 I can understand completely that you're worried about telling family. Women always make the mistake of forgetting a pill. We can't remember everything. But try to think of it in a more positive way - at least you're sensible enough to know to take the pill!

As your symptoms are similar to mine, I can understand why you think you are pregnant. Go see your GP and explain the situation. Ask for a blood test, even if he/ she may tell you your not. Then deal with the situation depending on the result.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for the best.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
(female)

starshine2 HB User

Thanks for your reply, i am not going to rush to see my doctor just yet as my period is due on sunday, so we shall see what happens. I am going to struggle on with the waiting game until then and if nothing happens, i will take a test! Thanks for all the advice, lets hope we both get our answer soon! x

Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
(female)

starshine2 HB User

Ok, so the latest, I finished my pills on tuesday and my period would not normally start until sunday. It started today (monday) at about 2pm and is barely there. The blood is red but i can leave a tampon in for a looooong time and its still hardly full. (sorry for the details) anyone have any ideas what is going on??? My periods have always been regular and gone on from the sunday til the following friday!!!!

Closed Thread