It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

aquaneon HB User
no period yet

Hello I am 15 and turning 16 in January. I haven't had any form of period. I know for a fact I'm not a late bloomer (started growing breasts around 4th grade). I have an average American life style... don't exercise much, still exercise just not a whole lot. I'm overweight but closer towards the average weight than the obese size.
Another question i have is one morning i woke up with a strange lump on my left breast, my immediate reaction was breast cancer (thanks to society) after a little research that was ruled out since I'm a teenager. It's kinda small about the size of thumb nail (not tiny fingers xD) in the morning it appeared like broken skin (showing lots of tiny veins) and very red. I checked after school it had gone down a little bit still red but there was a tiny brown spot (almost microscopic) and on the side closer to me (was located near the nipple) there was white flakes (my assumption is dead skin) scratched it a bit to check got more white (still think dead skin). The lump is hard mainly in the area where the brown spot is and around it is soft.
-Curious and Confused

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: 15 almost 16 no period

aquaneon: Have you ever had a gynocological exam yet? If you haven't the you need to go get one. Have your mother go with you. It's not normal to not get a period yet. I'd say the doctor would probably recommend birth control to get you jump started and maybe do some blood work on you to see what's going on. The skin thing can be addressed to. It sounds like a wart or a skin tag.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
(female)

aquaneon HB User

I have told my mom about both, she is waiting to see if anything happens between now and when I turn 16, since 16 is the recommended age to start going to a gynecologist.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

The area on your breast sounds like it could be an abcess. Is it hot to the touch and have you noticed if you are running a temp? They may have to excise it or get you some antibiotics going. Yes, you really need a gynecological exam. I hope that your mother would realize that some things just can not wait. This is important. Please tell her how worried you are and that you would really like to make an appointment now. Also, you could go to a clinic on your own and get some answers. Sincerely, searchin

Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
(female)

aquaneon HB User
Wink Re: 15 almost 16 no period

Thank you for your thoughts and answers I had my mom take a closer lol at the bump she believes it is a boil and I just started my period the other day so I guess it's ok to wait but thank you!

Old 11-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: no period yet

Wonderful! I am glad to hear you are having a period now. I am just saying that some boils or abscesses need to be drained and the patient needs an antibiotic sometimes. I still think you might want to have the "boil" looked at. Sincerely, searchin

Old 11-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #7
(female)

aquaneon HB User
Re: no period yet

my mom who used to be a nurse before i was born, she just says for now to cover it with warm water for a while, since it's already kinda going away on its own.

Closed Thread