It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

tbokry79 HB User
Unhappy Yeast or is it cytolytic vaginosis?! What do i do, please help.

Hi all,
I am new here and I am so frustrated. My story is long so please forgive me but I am at the end of my rope.

In august I had a miscarriage, my obgyn put me back on b.c. as my husband and I were not trying to have more children. I got what I thought was a yeast infection. I went in and they confirmed it was. I used diflucan and terconzole cream. I cut back on the carbs and sugar as well. The infection never went away. So for the last 2 months my gyn has given me multiple different meds and none has helped. I have gone off of my contraceptive as I was concerned it could be at fault. Still no luck.

I went in and had a wet mount it came back that I had an overgrowth of hyphae (a strain of yeast). They tested me for diabetes, HIV, autoimmune and celiacs; all were negative.
She put me on large amounts of diflucan and nyastatin/triamcin cream. Still no luck

As this point I had been taking probiotics for a long while (as I have issues with slow bowels) I went to the health food store and got a yeast cleanse, oil of oregano tincture, along with stronger probiotics. I have even tried hydrogen peroxide douching and while my vagina (inside) does not bother me it is the outer labia vulva area that is irritated. I cut sugar and carbs completely out of my diet, but I still have this awful irritation on my vulva/labia (sorry to be tmi)

I am just curious if there is a chance it could be cytolytic vaginosis or lactobacillosis. My husband and I have not had sex since this started so I have no fear of it being passed back and forth. I am very healthy I exercise and eat well.

I feel very frustrated and completely lost so if anyone has ANY idea I would be forever thankful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

Donato HB User
Re: Yeast or is it cytolytic vaginosis?! What do i do, please help.

HI there,
I could say that your story, except for the miscarriage part, is 100% like mine. I even used the same meds and tried probiotics as well. What i can tell you is that although the yeast is gone (according to 3 doctors I saw), i still have unexplained discharge and the non-stop irritation on the outside, just like you. Doctors don't see anything wrong when they exam it, but I feel like someone used a cheese grater in my vulva (tmi, I know). Anyway, the last doctor I saw prescribed me clobetasol (prescription) and when I apply it it gives me great relief. Temporary only, because if i don't apply it, the nightmare returns. This is a medication mainly used to treat lichen , but even though my doc never said I have it, it seems to be helping me a bit. I've been dealing with this for 7 months now...no diagnosis so far...Oh, and after using probiotics in mega doses my pap smear showed a lot of lactobacilli (as in cytolic vaginosis) and doc asked me to stop them. My last pap showed normal flora.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

Hi...Women get all the great things don't we....?
Um...I would say this is not a "cure" but it will make your labia feel much better...Its the Summers Eve wash. I had some itching trouble...and thought I had a yeast infection and it was like you said...just on the inner lips of vagina...and labia...I was desperate and just spent a long time in the aisle at the drug store looking for a solution. The Summers Eve wash had a good advertisement, soothing, cooling, etc...which made me buy it...I felt so GOOD after using it and eventually my problem went away. My girlfriend was struggling with a really bad yeast infection and I told her about the stuff. She bought it and loved it...that was over a year ago. Last month I was using her toilet...and the tub was in front of me at eye level...hahaha...and there was a bottle of it resting on the tub...so I guess she still uses it...If anything it may not cure the problem...but it definetly provides RELIEF.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
(female)

misty073 HB User

Make sure you get your dr to test you with a vinegar type wash for VIN. I thought for 5 years I was dealing with yeast with no luck and it turned out to be precancer cells on my vulva (the same thing women get on their cervix)

Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi there well you can try some of the things posted by sjb at

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=767014&highlight=endome treosis

if you want to see if that helps.

Closed Thread