It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
(female)

sarah1793 HB User
Vaginal Infection?

Hi,

I was concerned because I have noticed that there are small dry patches of skin on my mons pubis, and today there was a bit of pus coming out of one of them. I don't have any weird discharge or smells. They were a bit flaky, but not so much anymore. They are also a bit swollen and raised. I can't go to a doctor because I don't have insurance yet. Any ideas on what it is and how to cure it?

THANKS!

Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User
Re: Vaginal Infection?

Here is your answer: An sebaceous cyst, is a sac beneath the outer layer of the skin that is filled with a cheeselike, greasy material (sebum). These cysts most often appear on the scalp, ears, face, back, or scrotum and are caused by plugged ducts at the site of a hair follicle.

Signs and symptoms include a bump or lump under the skin that is:

Firm and easily moveable.
Yellow, white, or flesh-colored. It can turn bright red if injured, inflamed, or infected.
Painless (but can be painful if injured or infected).
Between 1 cm to 4 cm in diameter, although hormone stimulation or injury may cause a cyst to become larger.
Medical treatment is usually not needed if the cyst does not cause symptoms. A cyst can be removed if its appearance causes embarrassment or if it becomes injured or infected. If the cyst is infected, antibiotics may be used.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
(female)

sarah1793 HB User

Thanks, but I'm not sure that's what it is. There isn't much pus, just a tiny, tiny bit in one of them, and they aren't raised like a cyst, its more like a tiny bit of swelling.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

I'm pretty sure it is what it is...there isn't much else that it would be.
Just because yours aren't huge..they are probably starts of the cysts (ingrown hairs).
Rest well.

Closed Thread