It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
(female)

Bree17 HB User
Exclamation I haven't had a period in 5 months!

FIRST OF ALL I'm a virgin. I'm 14 years old and I started my period last January 2010. I had an irregular period, I got my period 3 times from January until June. I thought that was okay it was just irregular, but since June 2010 I haven't had a period and it's November 23, 2010! That's about 5 months! I have no idea why, I've looked into it on the internet and I don't over excercise, I'm not overweight, I eat regular, etc. Does anyone have an idea? :\ ALSO this past week I've been getting abdominal pain. It's not constant but it comes back when I sit down too long and when I wake up. Also I've had vaginal discharge, it's yellowish, but I've had that longer than I can remember so I don't know if it could be related? Thanks

Last edited by Bree17; 11-22-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
(female)

fjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB Userfjeeva001 HB User
Re: I haven't had a period in 5 months!

Hi sweetie

You really dont have to worry. My period was always always irregualar. i started when I was 13 then I didnt het it for like 6 months after that it was always on and off, my cycle is just irregular. Im 26 now, and last year I finally went to a gynae for a checkup and the first thing they do is test for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) as an irregular period is an immediate red flag for that. However when there wasnt that, he did a blood test for diabetes, thyroid and hormones. Finally came to the conclusion that my LH hormone was too high and he put me on the pill for a year to regulate it. I also wasnt sexually active until 5 months ago, so I knew it couldnt have been pregnancy earlier.
I think since you only started your period, you dont need to worry, maybe just go to a gynae and have them check for cysts and diabetes etc.. but you already mentioned that you are not overweight so im guessing you don't have anything to worry about, you will just have an irregular cycle. Howver still go to a gynae and maybe he can put you on the pill to regulate your cycle.

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to fjeeva001 For This Useful Post:
Bree17 (11-23-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
(female)

Bree17 HB User
Re: I haven't had a period in 5 months!

Thanks, this helped a lot. I'll ask my mom to take me to a gynae just to check, as you said. -Bree

Closed Thread