It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

Monica Evans HB User
Question Why can't I be free from Bacterial Vaginosis???

Hi All!

My name is Monica. I have struggled with BV for years. It took years to finally get it under control. When I realized I had a problem I connected it to sex. As long as my partner was not pulling out, his semen (I believe) is what caused me to get BV. Whenever I did not allow him to "not pull out", I didn't get BV. Okay, here's the twist: I didn't have sex for a year and I'll tell you, I had no issues. I was as clean as a whistle. Yay!!! What a huge self-esteem booster that was for me! Then when I finally had sex again, I thought, oh no, here we go again with the BV. Only, I did not get BV AND I think it's because he wasn't cheating on me. I know it may sound a little strange but I had suspected cheating in my past relationship and I believe that is why I kept getting BV after sex. My body is sensitive and does not like to share fluids if you know what I mean. For the first 6 months of having sex with my new man, I did not get BV. We moved to another state and he got wild and started to cheat on me. Low and behold, I got BV. Ever since I got it again, I have struggled with it. I got it under control again while not having sex, again for a year. Now I am sexually active, again, and each time my fiance and I make love, immediately I see a difference and I know I have BV. Then I have to call my doctor for another script. I have taken Flagyl, Metrogel and the last thing was one that begins with the letter "T" but I can't remember the name of it right now. That one worked like a charm. Right after me made love and I got it again. My doctor told me today that I must take metrogel twice a week for three months to prevent reoccurances. Can anyone relate to my situation and do you think this will work? I don't want to stop making love with my fiance. I am not sure why I keep getting BV in this case. I haven't told him that I keep getting BV. In fact, I haven't even told him that I got it in the first place. He works out of state and he's away from home for a couple of weeks at a time. I always have time to take my medicine and get better before we make love again. But it never fails...we make love and I get BV. I kind of want to ask him if he's cheating but I don't think he is and I don't want him to think I'm insecure, because I am not. Honestly, I am afraid that if I tell him he'll want to stop making love. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can approach him about it and suggest to him that we use condoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread