It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
(female)

EstherGreen HB User
Completely confused and desperate for advice.

Will be as brief as I can!!

I am on the pill and have got a normal period each month.
Lately, my breasts and nipples have been sore and sensitive (some days more so than others) and my breasts seem to be almost spilling out of a bra that fit me perfectly a month ago. My veins are also more prominent in my breasts and the little bumps on my areolas seem to be more prominent than usual.
I have an increase in discharge - thick and white in colour
I have the slightest bit of nausea on and off
I am bleeding mid cycle between periods (brown in colour) and have slight cramping throughout.
I have put on a little weight around my hips after just losing 3kgs 2 months ago
My gums and teeth are a little sore

All these symptoms relate to pregnancy that I have read, right down to the sore gums and teeth.
A month ago, 5 days before my period (which arrived) I took a home pregnancy test which came out negative. I was still getting symptoms so I just went to see my doctor for a blood test, again 5 days before my period. It was negative. My doctor says all these symptoms are hormonal...I don't think I am convinced as I have been on the same pill for 5 years. I started having sex again just a short time ago and this didn't start until then.

Is there a chance I am pregnant and the hormones just aren't showing up in blood or urine yet? Could this just be hormonal?

I WANT to be pregnant but staying on the pill at the moment. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Completely confused and desperate for advice

EstherGreen: How old are you? If you're not pregnant then I'd say the breast soreness is fibrocystic breasts (lumpy breasts). They're made sorer by increase in estrogen. The white discharge I'd say is a yeast infection. Have you been checked for endometriosis?

Some of this could be an adverse reaction to the pill you're on.

If you WANT to be pregnant then what are you still on the pill for?

It's a strange situation if you're not pregnant.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
(female)

EstherGreen HB User

Thanks for your reply. I am 26. I have never suffered with sore breasts before, nor any of the other symptoms, not even during my 5 years on the pill. Just in the last couple of months of having intercourse again.
I had a swab done of my discharge some weeks ago and my doctor said it was fine. It comes and goes, some days I am itchy around my urethra and just inside my vagina. My doctor said it's nothing nasty.

When I say I'd like to be pregnant, I just mean if these symptoms are pregnancy itself, I will be happy with the idea. I'm not necessarily trying for a baby.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

EstherGreen: The only other thing I can recommend to you for the itch and the white stuff is to add some probiotics to your diet or eat more yogurt. That will help keep the yeast away. If it gets cottage-cheesy then you know for sure you've got a yeast infection and you shouldn't be having sex if you've got one. Make sure you're not allergic to your man either. Sometimes if people are allergic they can get itchy and a strange discharge.

I suffered from sore breasts all my life and now I found out that it was because of estrogen dominance. Those BCP's might just be aggravating them a bit. Caffeine can also make them sore.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
(female)

AmandaDrowry HB User
Re: Completely confused and desperate for advice.

I actually had something similar happen to me several years ago. My boyfriend (now my husband) came home for the holidays (he's in the military). We hadn't had sex or even seen each other in almost a year and we really went at it (ALWAYS wore condoms though). After he left my breasts got tender, swollen, and began leaking a clear fluid. I also had the vaginal discharge, strange dreams, cramping, and exhaustion that can come with pregnancy symptoms. I wasn't pregnant. I know it happens in animals sometimes - I have no idea if its possible in humans...but to this day I swear that I went through a false pregnancy! I've seen it in dogs and cats after they come into heat but aren't bred, Its always possible that sex after long breaks can do it to us too! I've never mentioned it to a Dr, but maybe if you mention it to yours he can tell you whether its a possibility or I'm just out of my mind! Lol, good luck!

Closed Thread