It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
(female)

2005djb HB User
Muscles and/or Ligaments HURT

In 2006 I had a Cystecele repair, (uterus removed) then 2 other surgeries to correct rejection to the mesh used in my repair. Then I was put on Premarin (vaginally) 3x's a week in 2009.

I also have been put on Simvastatin for high colesterol. But have had a fear of all the rumors about these drugs and side effects. So I went off, then back on since 2008.

Well my body is very sensitive and I have allergy reactions to some medicines. In 2006 I had a really bad reaction to Omnicef (an antibiotic given for a sinus infection).

My question is this last year I have had twisting ligaments and really bad muscle pain. When I do my AM Yoga-stretching I'm OK, but lifting weights-small weights at the gym, my grandchildren (30+) I have this unbearable muscle pain. Then the pain would linger many seconds afterwards and I need to hold my breath until it subsides.

I'm 53 years old, I know that muscles get sore and tired and I know that feeling, but I've never felt this type of pain before. I also, when walking have this ankle issue, I have to stop walking suddenly-it feels like my ligament twists and I have to wait until it gets back to normal before I can continue to walk.

I'm 5'4" and 160 lbs. For over a 2 years I was blaming my extra weight since my surgery, but I'm really thinking now that it's medication related. I'm going to make a doctor's appointment, but would like some thoughts or has anyone had these similar issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread