It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
(female)

SelenaMarie HB User
Fibroids? Uterine polyups? What is this pressure?

So I have a really strange problem that I’ve consulted two doctors over but neither “diagnosis” seems to fit. I’m wondering if at this point I’m just being paranoid or if there is even reason to seek another medical opinion.

I first consulted my Gyno when I went in for my yearly Pap Smear about this. On my lower abdomen, under my bellybutton and next to my hip bones, something is distinctly inflamed on each side of my abdomen. When this first happened, I was scared that my fallopian tubes were inflamed—my mother has had an ectopic pregnancy and this has been a worry of mine. I showed my Gyno the area that opened gets inflamed (every few days) and told her that the pressure/fullness was often times really uncomfortable. Unfortunately, the area was not inflamed at the time and so she wasn’t able to see how alarming it can actually look—the area of skin visibly pokes out from my skin in two distinct segments on either side. She told me it was not any reproductive organ and that I should consult my MD.

I showed my MD, and she said that it was possible that it could have something to do with my reproductive system, but that she wasn’t really sure. When I told her my Gyno didn’t think it was, my MD decided I was probably experiencing gas. And because I am underweight, the pressure inside my intestines is visible because my stomach is so flat/concave. She gave me a list of foods to avoid and sent me on my way.

But I am sure this isn’t gas! I think there’s a possibility is could be something internal and I feel like I may have polyps or fibroids. The pressure is occasionally really painful, and I am worried something is developing internally that could eventually effect my fertility. I am 22 years old so I think perhaps my doctors don’t think anything is wrong with me because I am so young.

Should I seek another medical opinion—if so, should I go to a Gyno or an MD? I feel like I really want an ultrasound or any actual test to determine what this is. What are the possibilities?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Re: Fibroids? Uterine polyups? What is this pressure?

I'm pretty sure if you just request an ultrasound, the doctor should do it no problem...at least that's how my ob/gyn is. If I just mention abnormal stomach pain, she wants me to have one. LOL but I hate ultrasounds. *sighs*

It may also be GI related...so a GI referral may be a good idea too. You could get a colonoscopy! They love doing those. :P

Closed Thread