It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

Marie21 HB User
Question sore breasts = pregnancy?

I've been on the pill for the last 5 years. I have never missed a pill, but on occasion have taken it late by one or two hours. My last period seemed normal and was on time. I'm not expecting my next period for another 12 days. However, yesterday my breasts started to feel really sore... the way they do before my period. This usually happens the week before my period and last for only a few days. However, I don't think this has ever happened this early. Does this mean I'm pregnant? I took a HPT and it was negative, but I have not missed a period yet. If I am pregnant and I have enough of the pregnancy hormone to cause breast tenderness... would I have enough of the pregnacy hormone in me to test positive on a test? If I am pregnant how long will the sore breasts last... because they are already starting to feel better. Does it sound like I'm pregnant? I worried because my fiance and I are getting married in August. It is all planned, and I don't want to be 8 months pregnant for my wedding! Any input would be greatly appreciated. How do you know that you are pregnant?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: sore breasts = pregnancy?

Hi sore breasts have other causes. I know someone who was sore with fibrocystic breast disease and found that eliminating, all dairy and animal products made it less frequent. Sometimes if the man gets a bit too happy there they can also get sore.

Other diseases or infections can make them sore and breasts should be self examined every month they say about a few days to one week after periods.

A health professional could of course help to figure out the cause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
(female)

Marie21 HB User

Why did this post get moved from pregnancy to the women's health board?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
(female)

Marie21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi sore breasts have other causes. I know someone who was sore with fibrocystic breast disease and found that eliminating, all dairy and animal products made it less frequent. Sometimes if the man gets a bit too happy there they can also get sore.

Other diseases or infections can make them sore and breasts should be self examined every month they say about a few days to one week after periods.

A health professional could of course help to figure out the cause.
Thanks for your reply. I don't think I have any infections for diseases. Does it sound like i'm pregnant?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi well in my opinion if the pregnancy test says no then it not highly likely but sometimes a false negative occurs. A second test can also be done for a double check if desired.

Closed Thread