It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

dasiy HB User
Unhappy PLEASE HELP!! Red right breast, no pain, no lump, no fever.

3 months ago I noticed a painfull lump in my arm pit. I figured it was a staph infection and it would go away. The pain lessened, and the lump stayed. Two months ago, my brest started to turn red. At this time the lump moved down towards the breast. The redness was about 2 inches from the lump. It started on the far outside of the breast.

Over a month the redness moved away from the lump and towards the inside of my breast. At this time it became hot with a slight fever. The fever lasted about a week and has not come back since. I went to the dr. when the fever started. He said that it was nothing to be worried about, that it was mastitis. He gave me a script of antibotics,(This is the first round) and a shot. It started to look less red day 3-4, however on day 5 it was back to the normal red color it was.

6 days later I called and went to another dr. because the breast was still red, a little swollen, but no fever. I also still had a slight lump in between my arm pit and breast. She also belived it just to be an infection, and gave me another script of antibotics, and a shot. Once again it got better for 3-4 days, and then came back, like nothing had been done.

So 6 days later I call her and tell her the breast is still red, not swollen, no fever, no bumps, no lumps, no drainage, nothing else. She decides to send me to a General Surgeon. At this time I have been on antibotics for 20days. He sees me (after a 3hour wait) checks out the situation, and says i quote " is not worried about the redness, thats nothing to be concerend about I want to get a biopsy done of the lymph node that is swollen." (Which was slightly there...wow) He was sure that the "swollen lump", his words, was just a lymph node but wasnt sure about it so better check it out. Ha. I tell him at this point in time I do not have the money to do that stuff. He said ok and gave me a script of antibotics with orders that if the lump didn't go away and the breast was still red, that I would have to have the procedures done, when I came back in two weeks.

So 30+ days on antibotics, two antibotic shots, and lots of money I didn't have to spend, I still have a red breast. There is no longer a "lump", not that there really was, it is not swollen, not tender, has no fever, no bumps, lumps, or pus. No drainige from the nipple, I have never been pregant. I hope I covered everything.

Please if anyone can help. I am saving money to have the stuff done, but I feel like it is pointless. It gets better then goes back.

Thank you!
D

Last edited by dasiy; 12-12-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
breast, no fever, no lump, no pain, redness