It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

Nnnnicole HB User
Low Sex Desire in Young Women

I am 20 years old, and have no sexual desire. I have consulted my gynocologist and had a thyroid and anemia blood test, and have been prescribed the testosterone gel. It has been two months and I have seen no results. I do not mind having sex, once it had begun but I do not last long before becoming sick of it. I never feel aroused either. I am confident in my looks but never "in the mood".
  • I work 60 hour weeks to make ends meet
  • I have a great and supportive husband, who doesn't pressure into sex
  • My mother, and grandmother both seem to have the same problems
  • This has been an issue since for 2 or 3 years
  • I recently found out I am ADHD and I take Vyvanse for it

I dont know whether it is anxiety, depression, sexual dysfunction, or just that I am strange. I feel bad for my husband because he thinks that I no longer find him attractive, which isn't the case at all. This has been an issue in past relationships, and also when I was wasn't working 60 hours and I was just in school.

I am looking into other forms of medication, if any one has any input:
Estratest, flibanserin, intrinsa, wellbutrin, and arginmax...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
(female)

Nnnnicole HB User
Re: Low Sex Desire in Young Women

Oh, my results for the thyroid and anemia tests were both normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I have a feeling that the 60 hour work week may be a big factor. Are you able to turn your work off when you come home?

Do you ever have a whole day you could devote just to your husband? Women do need much more stimulation than men do, and some women need much more time to get in the mood. Perhaps your schedule is not allowing you enough down time to relax and allow your sexual nature to be aroused enough to really enjoy sex.

The good news is that you are taking this seriously enough to get your levels checked, and understand how hard this can be on hubby.

There is often an underlying fear of pregnancy in young women who are not ready. This can have an impact on your sexual interest.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

Nnnnicole HB User

Well this was been a problem before I was working 2 jobs. I have never actively felt like having sex, except for a few first dates. I used to work just part-time and had financial support from my family, and it was still a problem then. We do devote the same day each week to down time with each other, but it doesnt help my sexual desire. As far as pregnancy goes, I have been on the depo-prevara shot for 2 years now. Having a child isn't a issue in our eyes, we would welcome a child we just would rather wait till my work schedule settles down.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

That shoots down all my ideas...sorry.

There are both men and women who just do not have much interest in sex. It sounds like it come down to that.

I might add that I also use the depo provera 3 month injections for treatment of endometriosis, and I have found it has lessened my desire, but I am much older than you and have major health problems, so again, not much of a comparison.

So, I will offer you my support, and hope for another poster to come along with the answers you are seeking.

My best for you and your husband.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User

Have you considered trying a different form of birth control? Lots of women complain about loss of libido while on the depo-prevara, athough the % varies depending on which report/study you read.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

It is non-estrogen, pure progesterone as I understand it. I am on it because of the fact that every other birth control has some estrogen in it. So, there could be something there.

I cannot have any estrogen because we are trying to out me into medical menopause to stop all bleeding and periods, and thus the DepoProvera. It is not even being used for birth control in my case.

Closed Thread