It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

rocarl6686 HB User
delete

delete going to doctor to solve problem

Last edited by rocarl6686; 12-27-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: going to doctor to solve problem

Old 12-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
(female)

missjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB User
Re: Can stomach problems be related to gynocological issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocarl6686 View Post
I am a twenty year old female suffering from some problems.

My last period, I had really horrible cramps the first day, which I normally have mild. During my period I had big pieces of uterine lining come out. On the second day, I had loss of appetite and nausea. I ate the second day, one meal the next day, then extremely light meals until the sixth day when my period ended. On the sixth day all I could eat was a banana, yogurt, toast, and some ginger ale. During my period I had general pain in my pelvic area, but specific pain that would come and go on the lower left side.

That was yesterday, and today I have not been able to eat anything, except for drinking water and ginger ale. I also woke up extremely early, when it was dark, with abdominal cramps and nausea (which I'm thinking is due to not eating).

I have had bleeding between periods in the past. About seen months ago I went to urgent care because it was more than normal. I had a transvaginal ultrasound and a regular abdominal one. The doctor said everything was normal so I didn't follow it up with an obgyn visit, even though I've has light bleeding between periods since. (I know I should have, especially since I have never had an annual exam)

Today I have lower abdominal pain occasionally and sometimes pain in my pelvis.

I know my appetite and stomach problems are due to anxiety/stress/depression that manifests itself physically. But the other problem is freaking me out, making the appetite and stomach problems worse.

Could they be related though? I have a gyno appointment in about three weeks, but should I just go to urgent care or something before? I do not have a regular doctor or obgyn that I can call or try to get an appointment with.

Thats what makes women issues so hard to diagnosis, the colon and pelvic is down there and it all sorta entwines with each other. The nausea and side pain could be a ovary cyst rupture and maybe when he did your transvaginal the fluid was already gone it absorbs quickly in the body. You should be going in for your papsmears by 20, I started at 18 years old.. your way due, so go in and get this taken care of and start getting your yearly papsmear, you cant avoid it forever! Hope this gets figured out it could just be period issues, or even GI colon issues like IBS. Its hard to tell with female issues if its GI or Gyno. Anyways if you get no relief from the gyno see a GI doc and if you find nothing there it could be endometriosis and thats only found via a laproscopy an ultrasound and transvaginal will not find endo only a laproscopy sadly. My honest opinion is ovary cyst ruptures are going on and possible they grow and pop during your ovulation. I would take birth control at this stage. I take birth control I get the cyst ruptures nausea side pain all that lovely stuff, but even though I take birth control I still get a cyst here and there so its not a cure all. When I found out and I'm only in my early 20's I had a cyst issue rupturing every month, I went ahead and had a laproscopy done to check for endo as well lucky for me there wasnt any just had ovary cyst ruptures, but my friend went in for pelvic pain and had endo on her laproscopy and a cyst rupture issue so to each there own. Endo and cyst ruptures are found in 20-30s age group. Its hard to say what all you have women issues are so blasted difficult. Good Luck!

Last edited by missjade11; 12-26-2010 at 07:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread