It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User
Stomach problems when I get my period

Is it normal to have bad stomach aches (not cramps) and diarrhea the first day of my period? It doesn't happen every time I get my period but it's pretty common.

The following user gives a hug of support to nottellinnebody:
Searchin (12-21-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Stomach problems when I get my period

I am sorry for your trouble. Have you paid attention to what you are eating a few days before and right up to your period? Some women tend to eat chocolate or other foods that they normally do not eat and it upsets the digestive process for a time. You take that and fluctuating estrogen levels and voila! an upset tummy. Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
(female)

nottellinnebody HB User

Thanks but I haven't eaten anything unusual. It is definably not unusual for me to crave chocolate by the way! Lol.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

OK So we have ruled out diet. Are your periods irregular? Do you have any ovarian cysts that you are aware of and have ever been told that you have an irritable bowel or irritable bowel disease?

Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am not sure if this posted so here I go again?

Are your periods irregular? Do you have any cysts on your ovaries that you are aware of? Have you ever been told that you have an irritable bowel or irritable bowel disease? Does this happen every time you have a period?

It would be wise if you were to make an appointment with a physician--perhaps a gastroenterologist. This is not normal.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

Constipation, diarrhea, bowel changes are common PMS symptoms.

Last edited by Snoopy61; 12-22-2010 at 10:39 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopy61 For This Useful Post:
nottellinnebody (12-22-2010)
Closed Thread