It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
(female)

wanderer21 HB User
Itchiness...what could it be?

My vaginal area has been unbearably itchy for the past couple days and i can't figure out why. I had sexual intercourse over the weekend, but a condom was used and my partner has no STD's so i'm pretty positive it isn't that. Could anyone point me in the right direction, please? I haven't dealt with anything like this before, it's incredibly uncomfortable. Thanks-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Itchiness...what could it be?

Darling I believe you have a yeast infection. Sometimes you don't see a discharge right away. The discharge will be somewhat thick and look a little bit like cottage cheese. You may have reacted to the condom or perhaps you were not well lubricated and it caused irritation. Sincerely, searchin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I never see that discharge when I have a yeast infection but I do get itchy from it. I usually get it from taking antibiotics. Monistat external cream works perfectly for that, you can get it over the counter.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
(female)

missjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB User

Prob a yeast infection if not that than bacterial vaginitis, but try the yeast first buy a 7 day Monistat (yes the 7 days works best than the 3 or 1 day) and if that doesnt work then go in for a bacterial vaginitis check up. I have a yeast infection at every single period cycle so every month, my doctor says it has to do with my pads and the blood on it being wet promoting growth even though I change it very often! Real annoying I take probiotics you should get you some, and change my pads out as often as I can, also avoid sugars and carbs around your period yeast loves to eat on sugars and carbs, and I use Monistat 7 day.

Last edited by missjade11; 12-26-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Closed Thread