It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2002, 09:59 PM   #1

dayanna HB User
Can I assume I'm pregnant?

Well I took another hpt today, and I still am not sure if I am pregnant. Heres's what I did: I ended up buying a First Respons Early hpt, so I waited until after dinner tonight and took the test. Well I was looking at the result and I think I could see a very, very faint line. But am I pregnant or was I just seeing things because it was very faint. So this might sound stupid but I put the test in better lighting and I think I am seeing a line, so I don't know why I am not sure if I am pregnant. I still haven't started Af but I am 3 days late wouldn't that line be darker? I think what I am going to do is get another hpt and test on Wednesday and I will make sure it is first thing in the morning. Has anyone else seen a really really faint line? Do you think I am pregnant? I hope nobody thinks I am dumb for not knowing, I just want to be completly sure before I make my next step.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

harvest46 HB User
Re: Can I assume I'm pregnant?

Sounds like you are Preggo!!! Congra!!!

------------------
<B>EDD- 4/09/2003 - </B> It's a BOY !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2002, 06:10 AM   #3

cactusleelee HB User

No one should think that you are dumb for not knowing. Those tests are supposed to be idiot proof, but when you get that FAINT FAINT line it is very frustrating. BUT, from my experience with pregnancy tests...especially the First Response Early Result..if there is any line what so ever...you are most likely pregnant. I would test again in a couple of days and by then the line should be darker. If that is the case...it is time to make an appt!!
Good luck!!
Amanda
edd: 4/28/2003
"Caleb James"

Old 12-31-2002, 07:11 AM   #4
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User

All PG tests I have read all say any line they say a faint line is still a pos. I hope you get it girl. I would call your doc. tell him you have to get in today you will feel better if a doc.tells you you are PG. goooood luck

------------------
EDD-AUGUST
WISHIN FOR A BABY GIRL

Old 12-31-2002, 10:03 AM   #5

Melissa2022 HB User

My period is 3 weeks late and my last one was November 16, i took 3 home pregnancy test on diff. days nd they all said positive, but the only symptoms i have are tender breast and nausea. but the nausea isn't every day or all day. and i am very cranky. Could i be pregnant, this would be my first

Old 12-31-2002, 10:05 AM   #6
Inactive

lovelyme HB User

I just wanted to write to say that I have heard SO MANY people complain of First Response. Try EPT or even the store brand is better (and cheaper). I think you are and it was just the test. KUP!!!!!!!!!

Marie
EDD 8/2/03

Old 12-31-2002, 10:09 AM   #7
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User

I took a First Response early test 1 week before I was suppose to start my period, just because I was TTC and was very impatient. My test did the same thing. It was very faint and it didn't even show up until the 5 min. were over. I think the directions say not to even read it after 5 min., but I did anyway. I went to the doctor the next day and had a blood test to confirm it. My doctor sent the test to the lab to do a check on how far along I was and it came back as 1 1/2 weeks.

I am almost 11 weeks now, so it was right.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

------------------
Kelly

Old 12-31-2002, 10:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Chelle1977 HB User

Yes, Melissa, I'd say its a good chance that you're PG and you should set up an appointment with your doctor ASAP.

Dayanna, I don't know, but good luck!

Old 12-31-2002, 10:53 PM   #9
(female)

mandyc911 HB User

Dayanna the test are set up to read only the hcg hormone. The hcg hormone maybe low (which don't mean nothing )(some women don't produce the hormone as fast as others but it will catch up) It does not matter ANY amount of hcg that is over 5 usually means pregnancy and these test read at 25 to 50 hcg. So if you have more than say 15 the line will be faint or you may have drank a lot of liquids today and diluted the results. You are late enough to take another test in the morning. If you saw even a faint line you are PREGNANT. But if you are unsure test again in the morning and good luck to you .
Mandy

Closed Thread