It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

Rach621 HB User
Unhappy large piece of skin with dark blood came out of my vagina..

I'm really concerned about this "thing" that came out of me! Two days ago, I thought my period was coming on for this month because I had light spotting. However, when I got ready to change my tampon, something fell out of my vagina! It looked like a piece of skin about the size of my palm and it was covered in dark dark blood, nearly black. I went to the ER but the dr's didn't know what it was. They ruled out miscarriage and then sent this "thing" off to a pathologist to be tested and examined. I'm still having light spotting which I assume is due to my period, however I normally bleed heavy during menstruation so light spotting is very unusual for me. And also, I didn't have a period last month even though I am on birth control. And for a week now I've been suffering from terrible migraines that are becoming unbearable. They have been happening every day for 6 days now and last nearly all day! I'm miserable and have no energy. I don't go back to the dr. for another 4 days. Any ideas on what is going on with me??

Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: large piece of skin with dark blood came out of my vagina..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach621 View Post
I'm really concerned about this "thing" that came out of me! Two days ago, I thought my period was coming on for this month because I had light spotting. However, when I got ready to change my tampon, something fell out of my vagina! It looked like a piece of skin about the size of my palm and it was covered in dark dark blood, nearly black. I went to the ER but the dr's didn't know what it was. They ruled out miscarriage and then sent this "thing" off to a pathologist to be tested and examined. I'm still having light spotting which I assume is due to my period, however I normally bleed heavy during menstruation so light spotting is very unusual for me. And also, I didn't have a period last month even though I am on birth control. And for a week now I've been suffering from terrible migraines that are becoming unbearable. They have been happening every day for 6 days now and last nearly all day! I'm miserable and have no energy. I don't go back to the dr. for another 4 days. Any ideas on what is going on with me??
Sounds like a very large blood clot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
(female)

Rach621 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali333 View Post
Sounds like a very large blood clot.
Well the thing that came out of me was actually white with a rubbery like texture. It almost looked like skin. The dark blood that came out along with it was like a blood clot because it was black looking and clumpy

Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

Rach621: It could have been a tumor, a fibroid, scar tissue from endometriosis, and the body just cleansed itself. It'll be interesting to see what the test results come back with.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
Rach621 (01-24-2011)
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
(female)

hennups HB User

Did you ever find out what it was? I had exactly this the other day, just as I finished some IVF drugs. Slightly worrying!!

Old 02-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
(female)

Rach621 HB User

Turns out I actually miscarried. Pathology report showed that it was placental tissue. Pregnancy hormone was never detected in my blood though as I had a blood preg test in dec and twice in Jan they all came back negative so that's why the dr's ruled out miscarriage in the beginning. Turns out they were wrong

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Rach621
Sammy0415 (08-14-2011), sawbuck44 (08-05-2011)
Old 02-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
(female)

hennups HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach621 View Post
Turns out I actually miscarried. Pathology report showed that it was placental tissue. Pregnancy hormone was never detected in my blood though as I had a blood preg test in dec and twice in Jan they all came back negative so that's why the dr's ruled out miscarriage in the beginning. Turns out they were wrong
Oh I am sorry to hear that.

I am having IVF on Monday, as in egg-collection, so have had so many scans I'm sure they would have noticed if I had just miscarried.

Everyone should get checked out when this happens though I reckon!!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
(female)

helloroo HB User

Does this mean you are not pregnant and there is nothing you have to worry about? I am also on birth control if this was a contributing factor to the miscarriage. The exact thing has happened to me just now and i'm worrying a lot.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
(female)

Ajann HB User

Hi the same thing happened to me I am 53 but mine was more than once and it was found I had a large fibiod in the neck of my womb, it was the size of a grapefruit and untill the bleeding I didnt know I had it. After removal 8 weeks ago I am now fine, most women infact 3 in every 5 have fibriods so I am told but most live their life without any problems... keep possitive and by the way if it is a fibriod they are nearly always cancer free ..
any more bleeding go back and keep on until the docs take notice...

Closed Thread