It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

twiny HB User
Unhappy menstrual period

i started my period on the 6th of january, i had unprotected sex a few days b4 and a week into my cycle, i have now been bleeding for 5 weeks and its heavy, could any1 suggest what it might be please?

Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: menstrual period

Heavy bleeding as in a heavy period? How often are you changing pads?

Well, you aren't pregnant if you are bleeding that much, though you might have become pregnant then miscarried very soon after.

If you keep bleeding that way, you're going to be seriously anemic, if you aren't already. Have you made an appointment with a gynecologist? If not, do so today. (In the US, certified nurse-midwives sometimes provide women's health care, I don't know how practitioner licensing works there, but the several nurse-midwives I've seen over the years were kind, compassionate and very sharp-witted.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

twiny HB User

i am having to change my pad every hour, still been getting clots its worrying me because my mum had the same thing and she had cervical cancer and had to ave a hysterectomy, i would like to have another kid years down the line.

the earliest appt is 27th march, cant wait that long as getting dizzy sick ect

Old 02-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

Thanks for checking back in. Be sure and let us know after the appointment what the doctor says. Good luck

Old 02-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You ABSOLUTELY cannot wait that long. That level of bleeding is dangerous if it lasts more than a few days.

Can you possibly get in earlier (like tomorrow) with a family doctor? Did you tell them how much you are bleeding?

If you can't get proper treatment soon, you may have to go to the hospital. Keep drinking fluids to keep your blood pressure up, and start taking iron.

Last edited by janewhite1; 02-07-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi have any medicines been done?

Has a Candida antibody titre been done?

What are eating habits? exercise habits? sleep habits? Substance habits? Water drinking habits? Peace

Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
(female)

twiny HB User

no cant get in any earlier, thats the only day she is inwhich is stupid if u ask me. i told them all about the amount im bleeding, the clots i am getting as well and how many pads im using in a day, they still say thats the earliest.

im gonna leave it another week, if i dont get the treatment i need, i will b going down the hospital myself. been drinking loads of fluids, but i keep vomitting it back up

Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
(female)

twiny HB User

i have been prescribed medication to stop the bleeding and it hasnt helped. no anti bodies test has been done.

i eat but vomit it back up, i drink loads but that also vomits back up, i have 2 hours sleep a night. i cant walk far as the bleeding disturbes my activities and i dont drink alcohol either

Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

If you are vomiting up the fluids you're drinking, I would NOT wait a week. 24 hours of vomiting and not drinking can cause dehydration. If you are alone, I would seek medical care right now. If there's someone else in the house, you can probably wait a few more hours. The one thing you don't want is to pass out.

If you have a fever, it's possible you have a pelvic infection, which also requires immediate treatment.

Seriously.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi A health professional may need to help decide why the vomiting is happening. Is the period painful as well? If a person has just vomited they could wait a couple hours before trying to put a sip of water in. In the past to retain water some people have held a tiny sip water in the mouth a while before swallowing. Others have used a retention enema with water held in and not allowed out. I would be sure the anal area is cleansed well first and then a little olive oil first. If a person has endometriosis they might want to skip the retention enema. With long bleeding maybe this is a difficulty, but a Gynecologist could help determine if this is present or not.

A little lemon freshly squeezed can be used a few drops at a time in the mouth for sugar levels. Once water is retained well then a little freshly made apple juice might be tried. I would not use the frozen type from the store nor the bottled the enzymes are not the same. A raisin can be held in the mouth also for the same reason. I would not use candy in case yeast is present. When the stomach is finally hungry again a few dry homemade oat crackers may be useful. I would begin with one or 2 crackers at first if this is well tolerated when hungry again more crackers can be used.

Oats are dextrinized by putting in an empty dry pan and stirred constantly while the heat is on a low or medium heat. After the smallest peices are turned slightly tan the heat is turned off and continue to stir. Then a little water is poured in and they are cooked like oatmeal adding sufficient water to cook well and the water is cooked out until the mix is thick. Then it is allowed to sit 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. A steel spatula can then be used to skim thin slices of it and put on an oiled steel cookie sheet. The heat for the oven is turned to roughly 200-250 and allowed to slowly bake dry. After the tops have mostly dried out it is turned over to dry the other side. Juiced Romaine lettuce can help replace lost blood once the ability to retain fluid has returned.

Foods good for the stomach: Cabbage, (red, green, chinese,savoy) kohlrabi, (the cabbage and carrot family is also possible thyroid blockers according to some and with period problems one might not want lots and lots of the cabbage family but it is needed for the stomach healing). Other foods good for the stomach include, pineapple, potato, sweet pepper, rice, carrots, apple, papaya, avocado, squash, sprouts, brussel sprouts, collards, broccoli, cauliflower, sauerkraut, cherimoya, okra, seaweed, pomegranite and fennel.

I would avoid chemicals, spices and alcoholic beverages and tea.

Also once solid food is kept I would use foods that contain more iron such as raisins, dried apricots, beans and when the stomach is ready, a reasonal amount of nut butters or nuts. Have a nice day!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
(female)

twiny HB User

no period is not painful, which is strange because i always have painful periods, but i have not had anay pain from the beginning.

thanks for allthe healthy tips i will put them to test and try them out.

thank you very much for your time

Old 02-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome!

Closed Thread