It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

1Sweetbajan HB User
New here...uncommon Endometriosis/Adenomyosis symptoms?

Hello Ladies,
I had to join to tell my story because I don't see anything here that really describes what I'm dealing with.

On day two of my period in December, I got a pain in my lower left side that reminded me of ovulation pain; only thing is it's still here. It will subside at some points during the day and then out of the blue, I'd get the sensation again. I went to the gyn and she sent me for a abdo/vag sonograms which were suspicious of Adenomyosis. She referred me for an MRI to confirm.

Had the MRI which confirmed "marked Adenomyosis" - my myometrial junctional zone is in excess of 24.7 mm and I think the norm is no more than 8 mm. My thing is, my periods are rather light and my menstrual cramping is very vague. The only pain I feel is the lower left side which radiates to my hip and back on a daily basis. I take aleve and tylenol just to make it not as annoying.

Oh, for some time in January, I'd get this sensation in my uterus like a strong light just flashed in there. That doesn't happen a lot though. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to ask if the adeno is indeed the cause for my symptoms or if I should be testing for something else.

Does anyone else have this?

Last edited by 1Sweetbajan; 02-15-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: No one responding

Old 02-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
(female)

loufras HB User
Re: New here...uncommon Endometriosis/Adenomyosis symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sweetbajan View Post
Hello Ladies,
I had to join to tell my story because I don't see anything here that really describes what I'm dealing with.

On day two of my period in December, I got a pain in my lower left side that reminded me of ovulation pain; only thing is it's still here. It will subside at some points during the day and then out of the blue, I'd get the sensation again. I went to the gyn and she sent me for a abdo/vag sonograms which were suspicious of Adenomyosis. She referred me for an MRI to confirm.

Had the MRI which confirmed "marked Adenomyosis" - my myometrial junctional zone is in excess of 24.7 mm and I think the norm is no more than 8 mm. My thing is, my periods are rather light and my menstrual cramping is very vague. The only pain I feel is the lower left side which radiates to my hip and back on a daily basis. I take aleve and tylenol just to make it not as annoying.

Oh, for some time in January, I'd get this sensation in my uterus like a strong light just flashed in there. That doesn't happen a lot though. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to ask if the adeno is indeed the cause for my symptoms or if I should be testing for something else.

Does anyone else have this?

Hi,

I have had very similar symptoms to you....
Pains in my legs,right down to my toes! tingling sensations in the pelvic area, a very bloated stomach, irregular periods, severe ovulation pain......nausea and extreme fatigue.

After seeing my GP was referred to a Gyn and had a vaginal scan which showed adenomyosis and a dermoid? cyst on my right ovary.

Despite horrific period pain my periods are very light, maybe a day or two at the most.

I already have 4 children so am not concerned about fertility but fear that I may need a hysterctomy. Altho the doc thinks I will only need keyhole surgery. Am having another scan in the next month to see what the cyst is doing and then will be fitted with a mirena coil during surgery to control the adenomyosis.

How are your symptoms????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

1Sweetbajan HB User
Re: New here...uncommon adeno symptoms?

Still the same; annoying intermittent left side pain. My period is still very light but now this month, my right hip and back were in a lot of pain 2 days prior to my period and off and on (more on than off) during. I feel like the lower half of my body is just sore!

Closed Thread