It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Inducing a late period with vitamins

My period tends to come within a very wide window...like last month, it arrived on the 13th (I believe), so by my body's standards, that would mean the one for this month should have arrived between the 10th and the 16th and with some possible light cramps a couple days beforehand.

Today's the 17th and no sign of my period. I've had the light cramps where my uterus and ovaries would be, and it almost feels like my period is trying to come.

But alas, nothing. I highly doubt pregnancy is a factor here because my BF and I haven't had vaginal sex in the last month since we had no condoms. And I got my period just fine last month. And I've been doing everything to kick-start my period...even if not to end a possible pregnancy (which is highly unlikely), then just to ease my own mind. I've tried parsley tea and a pessary, vitamin C (2000 mg a day), black cohosh (1500 mg a day), doing some sit-ups and...other things I am a little embarrassed to admit to, but that have helped me in the past.

Despite all this...nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get good old AF flowing again? Is there a way to tell if I just may not have ovulated this month? A big part of me figures since BF and I are so very cautious that pregnancy just could not be the reason, and I have had my period show up a week early before (for no reason), so I suppose it's possible it could come a week late for no reason too.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-17-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Inducing a late period with vitamins

Hi a person could try corn, spinach, beets, peanuts as well as the parsley! Let me know how it goes. If nothing happens a person could test in another week or so I suppose to see if there happens to be a pregnancy.

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-17-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Off topic comment removed.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Blah, I thought the parsley might have worked...I used some as a pessary overnight for 12 hours and I felt what I thought was a little blood flow and some light cramps, but I think it was just the fluid that occasionally flows. Maybe I'm ovulating now? I know I tend to get...uhh...juicy around when I ovulate, whereas before my period is going to start, I'm a bit more dry.

Maybe this month was a fluke. But the last time I missed a period was when I was 16 and I'm 24 now. I'd like to think my cycles would maintain a bit of regularity. But I also had a period come a week late a year or so ago for no reason, so who knows. They don't happen like clockwork anyway. I'll increase the doses of black cohosh and vitamin C and maybe try making parsley tinctures.

I also know there's a product from a legitimate online pharmacy (it's OTC) that is made specifically to start a late period, but I cannot remember for the life of me what it's called. If I can find it, I'm buying the biggest box I can find so I can get my Aunt Flo going as well as to keep it on hand for future absences of a period.

Might be from a slight bit of stress too. Work's been making me very, very angry.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi umm I hope there was no misunderstanding.... I meant those foods to be eaten and not put inside in other places.

A few black beans chick peas lemons and radishes might be good to eat according to some people.

I would try hard not to get too upset or argue oneself out of a job lest there be even more difficulties in life. I would try to obey the boss where possible since that is what they pay a person for is to do what is asked.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Oh no worries, there was no misunderstanding. I just know parsley is an herb that can either be taken orally or inserted as a pessary and both are harmless. A fun little side note...a cup of parsley tea with a spoon of sugar tastes just like carrots.

Anyway, I think I can rule out pregnancy. I was a little queasy this morning, so I bit and got a urine test. One of those ones that claims to be 99 percent accurate, shows one or two blue lines and says "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant." Got a clear negative on the lines and the digital screen,and since this was one of the ones that can be used before a period is due, I think I can assume there would be enough gonadotrophins in my urine to give a positive result if I were pregnant.

So as it stands, I have a late period, a little nausea, and mild aching in the area of my ovaries that goes to my lower back and into my thighs. And as long as it's not pregnancy, I'm relieved. Maybe I have a cyst on my ovary or something.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Hi was the test done 2 weeks after intercourse or so?

The parsley and carrot both belong to the same family of plants. For the sake of period comfort I would not use sugar. This feeds Candida organisms and can result in period problems.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Hehe. Considering intercourse hasn't happened since January, yes, it has been two weeks. I took the other test today and got an equally obvious negative, but geez I'm still sick in the mornings and the evenings and I do not know why.

But I also started to get a tiny bit of spotting today, so maybe that's the bleeding I get a day or so before my actual period. This is just way too weird.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi were more of the suggested foods eaten?

Last edited by sjb; 02-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Nope, I actually even quit taking the vitamins because I figured they weren't doing anything. I'm still bleeding ever so slightly, so I guess this is my period. Strange. I still don't know why I'm ill, though.

Aw well. Thanks very much for following my topic, sjb.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome! The professional might help figure it out if it continues. Once in a while a test is not done right or a false negative happens on a test.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #11
(female)

DollyRage HB User

Have you thought about seeing a nutritionist or someone practicing natural medicine? I know you would prefer to have a natural, herbal method to counteract irregular periods, but a surefire way would be to get on a birth control pill. You'll know excactly when you're due and PMS symptoms will minimalise. I had irregular periods where I would go six weeks before getting my next period then ten days after that, it's back again, so the pill worked wonders for me! It's worth seeing a doctor about your options. Also I'm pretty sure you can buy ovulation tests

Closed Thread