It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

MiaMazzi HB User
Angry Pregnancy possibly?

I'm looking for some answers to what possibly could be a pregnancy.
I'm not trying to conceive nor am I'm one of those crazy girls who think they are pregnant the moment a penis comes close to them. The only reason, I am on the internet surfing for some answers this late; is because some really messed up things are going on with my body at the moment.
I had unprotected sex on the mid week of January, the week of ovulation for me. I then had no signs nothing weird going on with myself, I had a period. It wasn't heavy, wasn't spotting. Wasn't light it was NORMAL! I then hadn't had sex for a month. I then had unprotected sex on the 17th of Feb, now the day after I had cramping bad, I figured I had just started my period early.. I am suppose to start on this Monday. It was a dark red spot on the undies that got me thinking "Oh no" I started my period early. But I put a pad on it wasn't bloody(sorry I know to much info, from an internet stranger) I took it off and there was brown blood. Not much, not even enough to think its a period. The sex on the 17th wasn't rough, wasn't anything extreme(i was really drunk and don't even know if he ejaculated)! What could be going on down there, could I be pregnant from the month before?(but I got my period that month) Any answers even maybe an std? (I'm not freaking out cause I really don't think I'm pregnant, just don't want to rule it out? Should I?) Is it normal to have spotting after sex? P.s. my legs are killing me to, is that Normal??

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-20-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Terminology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Pregnancy possibly?

Hello and welcome to the HealthBoards. I hope we can be of some help to you.

The spotting could be one of two things in my opinion. Since it is brown, it is not new blood. It could be some old blood that became dislodged during the recent sexual encounter. It could be blood that is the begining of your next period that escaped before your period actually was ready to start.

I do not think you are pregnant either. Too bad it is a day too late to have taken the morning after pill which will stop pregnancy up to 72 hours after the event. If this should ever happen again, remember this product. It is available at Planned Parenthood for an inexpensive fee.

The soreness in your legs is likely due to being in a position that is not normal for you to be, and muscle strain that might have been caused. You say you don't remember much of it, so are you sure it wasn't rough? Even so, that would cause red blood to appear, not brown.

Hopefully your period will start at usual on Monday. If it does not, I would take a pregnancy test as early as you can find one that works.

As far as STD's. I don't know.

Since you had your period, I do not think you are pregnant from your last unprotected sexual encounter in January either.

I am concerned to hear about your choices to have unprotected sex with men you do not know, or even with ones you do! You are opening your self up the the possibilities of both pregnancy and STD's that could ruin your life. Have you considered getting yourself on the pill, or using a long term product that protects you from 3 months to 3 years at a time? There are too many choices of birth control that will protect you to allow yourself to go through this every time you have sex. At the very least, would you consider using a condom? There are more STD's out there than there ever have been, with new ones popping up all the time. You could make a mistake that would prevent you from having children when that time comes, infect your partners, and damage yourself. It is hardly worth it.

I hope you are lucky this time, and I think you are, but these pregnancy scares are meant to teach you how easily it can happen, and the impact on your life is immeasurable.

Please let me know what happens, I am interested in finding out the end of this story. Wishing you the best...

Old 03-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
(female)

ttcsixmonths HB User
Re: Pregnancy possibly?

were you pregnant? having similar symptoms..........

Closed Thread