It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

DStray HB User
spotting and cramps - pregnant?

Ok, so here is my story. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 1/2 years now. This past month, everything was as normal. In fact I always think to myself when my period is about to come-did we do it on a day that I was supposed to be ovulating? I try to keep track but sometimes things get busy, and we don't want to try so hard, so that hopefully "it'll just happen, when we least expect it," so everyone says. Anyways...my period usually comes every 26 days. It's somewhat irregular as far as how heavy it is, how long it lasts, etc., but it's usually more early than late. The past three months, I have had like dark brown/dark dark red spotting 1 or 2 days between periods-this last cycle I did not have that. The last day I started my period was on the 28th of October. Therefore, it's been a 31 day cycle. I have been having cramps, like I am going to get my period (and since we've been trying for so long I just keep telling myself, yeah yeah, your period is coming, it's just late this month.) However, the cramps aren't lasting forever. It's like I'll get a cramp that feels like a "period cramp," it will last for about 5-10 minutes, and then it will be gone for a couple of hours. It's leaving me walking around feeling like I need to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes to see if I got my period, but it's also leaving me feeling like I just want to have a baby and could this really be our time?

Anyone have advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
(female)

doodrop HB User
Wink Re: Uterus Stretching - Where and what did it feel like in early pregnancy?

i dont want to get your hopes up but at the same time i dont want to make you feel **** my pregnancy that i wrote on this section did infact end in miscarriage but now i have the stretching again so fingers crossed..... erm sounds to me like you could be have you took any test at all? and have you worked out the dates your are to ovulate? this makes it alot easier... i got cramps mainly at night and they also did not last longer then ten mins but no period and i was needing the toilet more often after two weeks of conception so you could well be if the cramping is more severe and the bleeding i suggest you see the doc but if you feel fine then take a test and have you any more symtoms such as breast tenderness because that can be a big sign... hope this helps lots of luck xx

Old 11-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

DStray HB User
Re: Uterus Stretching - Where and what did it feel like in early pregnancy?

doodrop-I haven't taken any tests yet. My husband and I have been trying for so long and I have gotten my hopes up so many times, that I am afraid of taking a test because I feel like i'll just get a negative anyways...or like i'll end up just getting my period the day after I go get a test. I have set a date, and if I still don't have my period by Wednesday I will get a test and see. So far no bleeding. The cramps that I have are wierd. Sometimes I have been getting them during the day. I had them during the day on and off about three days ago, which is what made me keep thinking "yup today is the day i'll get my period." Still no period though. However, the past three days have been different cramp wise. One night I was up and down all night with cramps, wondering if my period had come. Then last night they started in again about 8 or 9. I just got my first cramp of the day today (and it's 4:30here.) Not to share to much information, but if my husband and I do have sex right around when my period is coming, it will either be more uncomfortable, or I will have cramping afterwards. Last night my husband and I were intimate, and I couldn't feel at all like it was time to get my period, it still felt as great as normal.

I do have sore breasts, but I guess I can't really say that this is a symptom, because I get sore breasts when I get my period anyways. I haven't had pain in my lower abdomen other than the cramps, but I still feel bloated in my pelvic region. I have had slight headaches on and off for about a week. I might be more tired than normal, but that too is hard to tell because I am a busy person on a normal basis with a full schedule. This weekend I have slept a lot though. I don't know

Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
(female)

doodrop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStray View Post
doodrop-I haven't taken any tests yet. My husband and I have been trying for so long and I have gotten my hopes up so many times, that I am afraid of taking a test because I feel like i'll just get a negative anyways...or like i'll end up just getting my period the day after I go get a test. I have set a date, and if I still don't have my period by Wednesday I will get a test and see. So far no bleeding. The cramps that I have are wierd. Sometimes I have been getting them during the day. I had them during the day on and off about three days ago, which is what made me keep thinking "yup today is the day i'll get my period." Still no period though. However, the past three days have been different cramp wise. One night I was up and down all night with cramps, wondering if my period had come. Then last night they started in again about 8 or 9. I just got my first cramp of the day today (and it's 4:30here.) Not to share to much information, but if my husband and I do have sex right around when my period is coming, it will either be more uncomfortable, or I will have cramping afterwards. Last night my husband and I were intimate, and I couldn't feel at all like it was time to get my period, it still felt as great as normal.

I do have sore breasts, but I guess I can't really say that this is a symptom, because I get sore breasts when I get my period anyways. I haven't had pain in my lower abdomen other than the cramps, but I still feel bloated in my pelvic region. I have had slight headaches on and off for about a week. I might be more tired than normal, but that too is hard to tell because I am a busy person on a normal basis with a full schedule. This weekend I have slept a lot though. I don't know

Old 11-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
(female)

doodrop HB User

I Had the same and believe it or not my symptoms started just a day after conception sore breasts, this stretching in uterus and sore pelvic area.. along with headaches... be careful how you have sex hun.. when i wasnt expecting to be pregnant me and my partner had sex really rough sorry tmi and it caused me to have intense cramping worst cramp ever, bright red blood, and vommiting cause my cervix was too soft at that point.. so be careful.... i think if you dont come on your period by the end of tomorrow it may be worth testing.. it can be horrible to see a negative but at least you know and then you can work out your next ovulation date and have fun trying.. i do hope this is your time and if you feel completely different in yourself like u dont normally then you could bee,.... good luck xx

Old 11-29-2010, 04:54 AM   #6
(female)

fcp HB User

DStray,
Long time no talk..it seems like you might be pregnant.I'm 8 weeks now, and I had excatly the same things going on. The main thing for me was the sore breasts though!!
Doodrop,
I'm sorry to hear about your MC. When did it happen? How far along were ya? Are you doing ok?

Fcp

Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
(female)

DStray HB User

FCP and Doodrop - it's so great to be talking with the two of you. FCP it has been a while. Congrats on the baby Happy for you! I am really trying not to get to stressed about it of course because if I am pregnant I know that it is not good for the baby. My syptoms are so wierd. Like I said I can't really count on the sore breasts because that happens every time my period is about to come. Every little cramp scares me that it's my period. I had some pretty strong cramps again last night. Woke up a couple times to go to the bathroom, but nothing. Today I don't really have any cramps thus far, just the feeling of a full belly or being bloated. I just keep asking myself if I'm not pregnant then why would I be on day 32 of my cycle? But could I really/actually be pregnant after all this time of trying? It so tough! I have set a date in my head that If i'm not pregnant by Wednesday, then I will test right away Thursday morning.

FCP I know you said you had sore breasts but were you still getting your period symptoms like this as well?

Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #8
(female)

fcp HB User

The sore breasts were nothing like before. I always got a little sore before getting my period, but nothing like this. I also was bloated, I still am, I don't know why. I always had a very flat stomach, but I am so bloated that I look like I am 5 months pregnant. I think the hormone changes do that to you.
You said you gonna wait til wedn to take a test?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
(female)

DStray HB User

Well these are my concerns:
I'm not any more sore than normal before that time of the month. I know every woman is different, but I feel like I would be in more pain if I were actually pregnant.
Another concern is that I am having some cramping today. It's not really full out cramps though. It's like a combination between cramps and a belly ache. Still has me giong to the bathroom to check if my period came.
I guess I do feel a little bit different than normal, but I can't tell if it's just me psyching myself out or not. I don't know why else I would have a 32 day cycle. My stomach feels really full, and I almost feel like i'm acting as if I already am, like something has switched inside of me and aleady wants to take care of a baby. I'm scared that it's just me though getting this way after trying so long.

I want to get a test done today so that I can ease my mind, but I am just afraid that If I take a test today, then tomorrow i'll end up with my period, and be telling myself "I knew I should have just waited."

What is your advice FCP?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
(female)

fcp HB User

I know how hard it is to wait, especially if you were ttc for a long time.
I would take a test today. I would buy one of those early tests though. I took a normal test one day after period was late and it was negative. Then I bought a "7 days before test" and it was positive the same day.
If you get one of those tests and comes negative, at least you know you are not pregnant and don't stress yourself out, ya know. Its up to you..

Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
(female)

DStray HB User

Other than the change is your breasts can you tell me about your experience? I want to see how closely it relates to what i'm experiencing right now.

Also when did you test, because I know i've heard it's better to test in the AM. How long were you trying to conceive again?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #12
(female)

fcp HB User

I was ttc for 3 months. I took one test the morning after my period was late, then went to work, at lunch I went and bought a "7 days before" test and did it at work ( around 1pm) and it came up positive.
I had sore breats, cramps and bloated. Every women is different though. The weird thing is how signs of pregnancy are so close to those of getting your period.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
(female)

DStray HB User

I'm goin nutso here. I want to test today, but I feel like it just doesn't make sense since I have the sensation that I could get my period at any time. Did you have that feeling?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #14
(female)

fcp HB User

Yes, very much so.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
(female)

doodrop HB User

hiya im fine thanks darlings!!! my miscarriage happened when i was 9 weeks but iv been trying since iv only had one cycle but losing one makes me want one more i ovulated on the 20th of this month so im keeping my fingers crossed....
and it sounds like you are pg huni i had extremely sore breasts tho thats the only difference between your symptoms and mine and like you said women are different... i was bloated and felt really heavy in my uterus area and needing to stretch it all the time iv got that now too but not sore breasts but im peeing more like the last pgncy and waking up randomly in the night and eating haha... i think you should take a test in the morn and let us know the suspense is killing me lol... im a bit more patient with finding out because i dont want the pgncy to feel rushed and over with again...take your prenatals and keep calm and relax dont overdo it honestly take the test good luck xx

Closed Thread