It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

cd04 HB User
RLQ pain...ultrasound "couldn't find R ovary" ***?

hello for about a little over a month now I have been having pain about 4-5 inches to the right of my belly button. I am 24 I have had 3 ultrasounds in my life. In 2002 I was 16 and had not gotten a period so went to my first endo appt. and opted for transabdominal US the results were as follows: uterus is normal size ovaries are 3.5cm each and consistent in appearance w/ polycystic ovaries. The endometrial stripe was unremarkable. No hydronephrosis on either side. I was put on desogen (a BC pill to regulate my period). In 2009 I went for another ultrasound becuase I was no longer getting periods on the pill whereas up until then they were predictable to almost the hour. The second US was transvaginal and the report was as follows: uterus had no fibroids and normal size and contour measuring at 6.4cm x 2.7cm x 3.5cm my endometrium was normal size at 3-4mm thickness and there was 1.2x0.4cm of loculated fluid in mid-uterine cavity of unknown etiology.

R ovary (in cm - L, W H respectively)was
2 x 1 x 1.2. Volume of 1.3cc's L ovary was 1.5 x 0.9 x 1.5. Volume of 1.1cc's

so as I said about a month ago I had been feeling pain in my LRQ (my guess is right about where my right ovary, appendix & some intestine might be) so I went for another ultrasound. This one was transvaginal AND transabdomnial. normal kidneys uterus measures 6.1 x 3.6 x 4.2cm endometrium was 4.8mm in thickness. L ovary was 2.5 x 2.4 x 1.9cm and Right ovary not seen.

Since the US on tuesday the pain has gotten a little worse. I am not sure what triggers it, but last night before I took my shower it amplified itself by about 10, then I went to bed and it was better in the morning. How do you "not find" an ovary. I have never been sexually active, hell I've never even dated a guy. I am concern because I went in there for pain, which I still have (even worse now) and right in the area I am having the pain, they tell me they cannot see there. I also feel terribly bloated and full after small meals. frequent gas and irregular bowels

I have heard that causes of ovaries not being seen are menopause b/c they get smaller (hello I am 24 so unless I have ovarian failure I doubt that possiblity) also excess gas in the intestines, or part of the colon literally "covering" the ovary.

How often is inflamed appendix missed on US? I am just worried that may be the problem and if I ignore it it could rupture. I went for a c-reactive protein (detects inflammation) back in september and it was really high, something like 38. Also, when touching that part of my abdomen even ever so lightly, my muscles there tense up/contract involuntarily like that part of my belly is trying to protect something. My grandmother died of breast cancer in her early 50's, other than that I don't think there is any family history of fibroids, endometriosis, or PID. I am waiting on pap results but I expect nothing else but normal.

What do I do? I know this pain is real, but should I just wait and see if it resolves? I also had laproscopic gastric banding surgery in December and the pain is not to far from the location for the saline port. Maybe I am allergic to the plastic that the port is made from?

please help me and/or offer some suggestions.

thanks in advance,
Carlie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread