It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

saggitariusxo HB User
please help, causes of missed period?

I am currently having some sort of issue with my body and I am extremely unsure of how to act on it or what two think.
I have currently missed two periods, after the first missed one I just assumed it was going to be a day or two delayed, and the next thing I knew I had missed two periods. My periods are for the most part consistent, and sometimes I'm late by a few days, but never this amount of time or anything close to it. In January to mid February with a guy I was seeing I was having daily unprotected sex with the only act of birth control being pulling out. Since I've had protected sex only with the exception of a week ago, which obviously isn't too relevant. However, my lifestyle is very far from healthy, I am a regular drinker/ cocaine user/ smoker (I have been since I was extremely young) so I doubt pregnancy could be a factor.
I've also been experiencing notable weight gain which is really stressful and the few times I've gotten so frustrated I refrained from eating the whole day or only ate something small, I still was bloated. My hip bones have always protruded considerably and now they are near invisible because my belly has expanded past them (I understand this is healthy, but it is also concerning). Half a month or so prior to the first missed period this weight slowly crept on and almost all of my clothes do not fit comfortably anymore. This weight is primarily restricted to my midsection.
My breasts have increased a bit, they feel fuller and heavier and tingle a bit and are sore from time to time and are more reactive to touch, but not an extreme amount.
I recently began having an increased need to urinate, I assumed it was a UTI, which I have had before numerous times, but the difference was there was no pain or burning. I went to the walk in and tested negative for a uti, the dr said he'd send it out to be tested again and prescribed me a course of antibiotics just in case and said "they are safe to use in pregnancy" which I found weird but it may be me reading too much into it. But I did find it weird he had not asked me any routine questions such as when my last period was, if I could be pregnant, if I have been having unprotected sex, but I brushed it off. That was a day short of a week ago. I find that I am still having urinate more than normal.
Other current issues is I have become EXTREMELY more irritable and agitated & have been having a significant difficulty with coping with extreme depression, both of these increasing with time. I have been having sudden/ very increased issues with acid reflux, indigestion, heartburn, & gas. I have been also experiencing sickish feelings here and there, not to an extent of puking, just queasy in the stomach. And my head has become very prone to headaches, and my fatigue does overwhelm me at times making it impossible to stay awake. My skin is going from flawless to zit infested to flawless ect ect. I do not have smell sensitivity just sudden strong aversion to some smells I've noticed, like my own perfume I've used for four and a half years, it does not make me sick but I suddenly find it repulsive. I've experienced no cramping or pain, but random rare little tingles or heavy feeling.
I'm aware so many things could be causing these things other than pregnancy. I am currently tight on money, time, and transportation so buying a pregnancy test is very inconvenient right now & if it is not necessary I'd rather not. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could this be a hormone problem suddenly?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ely4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB UserEly4 HB User
Re: please help, causes of missed period?

The only thing I can suggest is take a pregnancy test. You were having daily unprotected sex before your missed periods, and a lot of the symptoms you describe can be pregnancy related.

Don't think that your unhealthy lifestyle means you can't get pregnant, plenty of unhealthy people who smoke, drink and do drugs get pregnant.

The only way you will know for sure is to take a test.

Closed Thread