It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
(female)

Totorobasu HB User
Ongoing rash on inner and outer labia and new vaginal opening

So about a month and a week ago this all started. I was kinda itchy down there so I thought I might shave cause sometimes I get a little itchy and I know it's time to shave down there. I may have razor burned myself, I am not sure if I did. But the itch remained there and so I thought maybe I had a yeast infection so about 3 days later I went to the store and bought the one day Monistat and used it over night, it burned a little but not too bad. After about 3 days I was not getting better so I went to the Planned Parenthood near my home and got a check up. The Dr. there told me that it was not an STD they have ever seen and it looks like I have a chemical burn from the one day Monistat, she said that it was a very harsh medicine and it makes things worse for some women. She gave me a Diflican and sent me on my way telling me to buy some scent free and dye free laundry detergent and to not wash down there and also to not put anymore creams or anything down there and I should heal. A week later I returned because my condition stayed the same. I looked at myself down there and I see that I'm all red and where the hair was on either side of my labia was like a red rash. She took a look and told me I still just look very irritated and sto continue doing what I was doing and it should clear up and that I could use diaper rash cream. Well it didn't clear up so the next week I made an appointment with a gyno in my area. He told me it was an infection of some kind and gave me an anti-biotic and an anti-fungal/antibiotic cream for the outside. The cream made me worse and I called him and told him and he said there is no way the cream is making me worse and to either stop using it and continue with the antibiotics or keep using the cream and that there was nothing he could do for me. I have made an another appointment with him for this monday. But it seems that this rash has not changed one bit in a month, not gotten better and not spread. It is uncomfortable and my boy friend is gone right now but returns in 2 months. If it's not gone by then, than I'm in trouble, I'm pretty sure he will break up with me if I can't have sex. I'm at my wits end, I do not feel like a woman anymore. Please if this has happened to anyone else if you can give me some advice...that would be much appreciated.

PS. in the title...I meant "near" vaginal opening, not "new" lol

Last edited by Totorobasu; 04-02-2011 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: Ongoing rash on inner and outer labia and new vaginal opening

Quote:
It is uncomfortable and my boy friend is gone right now but returns in 2 months. If it's not gone by then, than I'm in trouble, I'm pretty sure he will break up with me if I can't have sex.
Not quite sure about your ongoing rash, however if your boyfriend breaks up with you do to an un-diagnosed medical condition, well. . . that should send up some red flags regarding his true feelings for you.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
(female)

Totorobasu HB User

He wouldn't break up with me because of it but honestly who wants to be with someone who can't have sex even if it is a medical condition? I wouldn't want to do that after a while it would get old.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Not if you really and truly cared for that person! And guess what? After a while sex with the same person also gets old -- if sex is No. 1 on your priority chart.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
(female)

blkly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totorobasu View Post
So about a month and a week ago this all started. I was kinda itchy down there so I thought I might shave cause sometimes I get a little itchy and I know it's time to shave down there. I may have razor burned myself, I am not sure if I did. But the itch remained there and so I thought maybe I had a yeast infection so about 3 days later I went to the store and bought the one day Monistat and used it over night, it burned a little but not too bad. After about 3 days I was not getting better so I went to the Planned Parenthood near my home and got a check up. The Dr. there told me that it was not an STD they have ever seen and it looks like I have a chemical burn from the one day Monistat, she said that it was a very harsh medicine and it makes things worse for some women. She gave me a Diflican and sent me on my way telling me to buy some scent free and dye free laundry detergent and to not wash down there and also to not put anymore creams or anything down there and I should heal. A week later I returned because my condition stayed the same. I looked at myself down there and I see that I'm all red and where the hair was on either side of my labia was like a red rash. She took a look and told me I still just look very irritated and sto continue doing what I was doing and it should clear up and that I could use diaper rash cream. Well it didn't clear up so the next week I made an appointment with a gyno in my area. He told me it was an infection of some kind and gave me an anti-biotic and an anti-fungal/antibiotic cream for the outside. The cream made me worse and I called him and told him and he said there is no way the cream is making me worse and to either stop using it and continue with the antibiotics or keep using the cream and that there was nothing he could do for me. I have made an another appointment with him for this monday. But it seems that this rash has not changed one bit in a month, not gotten better and not spread. It is uncomfortable and my boy friend is gone right now but returns in 2 months. If it's not gone by then, than I'm in trouble, I'm pretty sure he will break up with me if I can't have sex. I'm at my wits end, I do not feel like a woman anymore. Please if this has happened to anyone else if you can give me some advice...that would be much appreciated.

PS. in the title...I meant "near" vaginal opening, not "new" lol

Old 01-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
(female)

blkly HB User

Hi. I am going through the same thing that you were with the rash or at least it sounds like it. I have tried antifungal for yeast infections, desonide for rashes and i still have the problem. I know that your post happened a while ago and was wondering if you have a solution? I'm planning on going to the gyno this week but am trying to research ideas. I am wondering if it may be related to vaginal spray or detergent/dryer sheets. I already changed to a pure soap.

Closed Thread