It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

Beautiful134 HB User
Vaginal Bleeding and Abdominal Cramping....I'm getting scared...

Hi, I'm very nervous about this so I would really be grateful for some advice...thank you!

I have been experiencing abdominal cramping 1.5 inches below the belly button to the left for about two weeks now, sometimes on the right too, with gas, irregular bowel movements (some days it's fine, some days it's loose, some days nothing at all, etc.) that can only be cured with a heating pad or a warm bath. But as soon as I get out of the bath or take off the heating pad, the pain comes back. The only thing I could think of causing this (besides something only a doctor could find) is the fact that I have been on a six-month diet plan that has now shifted into the maintenance period (so I can have more food now, choices, calories, and quantity) so it might be more "work" for my digestive system again?

Now...

For a week now, I have also had vaginal bleeding. My period isn't due for another 5 days from now (so it started about 12 or 13 days before due) and I did have my last period (it was normal and on time). This bleeding is light, just enough to notice on the toilet paper after urinating. I am certain that it did not come from my bladder as it is laced within the vaginal discharge that I wipe off. It happens about 4 or 5 times a day. I sometimes get the abdominal cramp that I described above before I bleed (I tested this because sometimes I felt the need to urinate right after the cramp I experience...and the blood was there 3 out of 5 times I tried this).

I went to the clinic four days ago with these problems, and the clinic doctor didn't seem concerned....she doesn't think I'm pregnant or have any stomach problems worth getting an ultrasound for. I made another appointment with my family doctor for 3 days from now as the pain I feel is fairly serious....but I'm freaking out here. I have NEVER had spotting in my life. Why now? I take birth pills, have been for years, and I switched brands 7 months ago because the one I was on started giving me major mood swings on my periods. Those are gone, but now this? Do you think it's related to the new pills?

I'm freaking out because my husband and I want to start trying to conceive this fall, and my imagination is now running away with me. What if I'm pregnant now and I have taken things/drank alcohol that hurt the baby? What if my reproductive system is damaged and I can't HAVE kids? What if my diet has screwed up my body (I had to take herbal supplements as part of the diet...natural stuff no combo pilling or anything like that)? What if I have polyps or something? The next three days are going to drag by.....Monday just can't come fast enough (it's Friday now).

Please, please, calm me down already. I just want to have healthy, happy kids and not have serious digestive or reproductive problems! I'm 26 years old (and now a healthy weight) if that helps. I did the diet for my future babies, because that's the next big thing in store for my life.

Sorry this is long but I really need some answers here....thank you to all who offer some.

Last edited by Beautiful134; 04-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Re: Vaginal Bleeding and Abdominal Cramping....I'm getting scared...

My OBGYN said that problems on the left side around the ovary area is usually a sign of digestion/ intestinal problems. She gave me a referral to a gastro.. never went though. She suggested divertculitis or divertculosis which can cause similar pain and discomfort to what sounds like you're describing- as far as the pain and gas. You can try a gastro for those symptoms.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to curly fry For This Useful Post:
Beautiful134 (04-09-2011)
Old 04-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
(female)

Beautiful134 HB User
Re: Vaginal Bleeding and Abdominal Cramping....I'm getting scared...

Thanks Curly Fry!

Diverticulitis could be possible as it does run in my family on my Mom's side. I'll see the doctor in two days....we'll see what he says. It wouldn't explain the vaginal bleeding though.

Closed Thread