It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

Tuulia HB User
Under arm pain

I have under arm pain (left arm) for the past two weeks. It's sore, and feels tender when I press inside my arm pit. It also stings when I am not touching it. I tried taking two anti-inflammatory tablets today but these didn't help the pain. I had the same pain (same arm pit) some years ago, and went for a breast check and nothing was found. The pain went away after a few months. I went to the doctor today, and she couldn't feel a lump in the breast or under arm area. I have also tried evening primrose oil.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of scan I can have to try and identify what is causing this pain? The doctor told me to come back in a few weeks if the pain is still there.
I had laser hair removal for the first time a few weeks ago but can't remember if the pain was there before. But as this (pain) has happened to me before, I don't think the laser hair removal is the cause, especially as there is no pain in the right arm pit.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Re: Under arm pain

It is possible that you have an infected lymph node. I had a lump on my underarm once and it wasn't painful or anything but my doctor did a minor surgery to remove it. We never did figure out whether it was an infected lymph node or what.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
(female)

Tuulia HB User
Re: Under arm pain

Thanks for the advice.
I can't feel a lump and neither could my doctor.
I'm just trying to ignore it at the moment. Last time I had this (years ago), it went away after a few months, so fingers crossed.

Closed Thread