It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
(female)

yankeefan2909 HB User
Question hard red painful bump near bikini line...

I've had a reddish swollen bump on the inside of my upper thigh (close to the bikini line) for about 2-3 months. It's very painful when my jeans or underwear rub against it! It started very small like a pimple so i thought it was just razor burn but now it has grown to the size of a dime and hurts alot!! I had one similar before and my GYN told me it was just an ingorwn hair but this one won't go away and only keeps getting worse! Can someone please help me figure out what it is??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
(female)

Pintaloosa HB User
Re: hard red painful bump near bikini line...

It could be another ingrown hair that's gotten badly infected. You may need to go to the doctor to see if you need antibiotics or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

kashish HB User

Clean the area with luke warm water,apply neosporin ointment twice a day and take a course of Doxycycline BID for 5 days.

This should help.

Last edited by kashish; 05-02-2011 at 05:03 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to kashish For This Useful Post:
yankeefan2909 (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
(female)

yankeefan2909 HB User

thanks for the advice, ill give it a try and see what happens

Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

You should probably see your doctor and have it lanced.
I've posted before that my husband recently had a similar bump in his groin region. It was like an ingrown hair/small cyst, but it was painful, and when it didn't clear up on its own, he decided to pop it with a sewing needle. Big mistake!
He got a staph infection in his groin which required three trips to the emergency room and having the entire area surgically lanced and then the wounds were left open, stuffed with cotton gauze, to drain.
These procedures (it had to be repeated several times) plus heavy-duty antibiotics finally cleared it up, but he missed a lot of work and it was painful and scary. He's fine now (except for some scars!), but he could've avoided the whole mess if he hadn't gone digging at himself with a unsterilized needle.

I'd definitely advise seeking medical help with any cyst or boil that appears in that area. It's not worth getting a terrible infection like my husband did.

Best of luck.

Closed Thread