It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 04:10 PM   #1

Chucksgirl HB User
Question homemade pregnancy test

Has anyone ever heard of a homemade pregnancy test made with household products? If so, could you tell me how to do it?

Old 06-03-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
Melissa_Shaw

Thumbs up

Hi,

I can't answer your question but if anybody does know I'd love to do it because I need to do a test and I can't afford one so this is a great question, hopefully some good answers, it'd be great if it worked. Well done for asking, I wonder what kind of products could you use, strange but could be brilliant!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 04:33 PM   #3

Chucksgirl HB User
I've heard of one, but I think you have to be like 5 months pregnant already, and I was told it's just a gender test. With crystal draino, mix equal parts urine and crystal draino. Brown for boy, And I've heard a lot for girl... White for girl, blue for not... but then I've heard blue for girl. So, I don't know... I've heard one with Pine Sol, but I don't know how to do it.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:08 PM   #4

Butterfly HB User
Just wanted to let you know to becareful of draino, use a mask. Don't breathe it in.

Old 06-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #5

gemcutterswife HB User
Dollar General has reliable pregnancy tests for $1. GO to planned parenthood or a crisis pregnancy center where its free. In this day and age to say you cant take a test beacuse you cant afford one is ridiculous and irresponsible

Old 06-04-2003, 10:05 AM   #6

JMPOPLIN HB User
Your local health dept. offers a preg. test for free. So does planned parenthood, university's (in case you are a student,) and many emergency rooms. If you do not have the money to buy a test, call around and research the options in your area. There is always something available.

The sooner you find out whether or not you are pregnant, the sooner you can have prenatal care. THINK ABOUT IT!!!

------------------
-jamie
Baby #1-edd 9/02
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!
Baby #1-edd 9/02
IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 10:08 AM   #7

CURIOUSCHICK HB User
[removed]

I agree that if you think you are pregnant you need to find a way to take a test - planned parenthood or some other clinic. The sooner you get prenatal care, the better your chances of having a healthy baby. Good luck.

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 08-16-2004 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Do not be judgemental. Stay on topic.

Old 06-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #8
(female)

teapot HB User
Melissa,
I'm curious how much stuff costs in England. Here a drug store pregnancy test is about 6-7 dollars.

Teapot

Old 06-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #9

Coble HB User
Even if there was some homemade pregnancy tests.. I wouldnt trust it..

I would probably be curious so take the real thing first and then try the homemade one to see if it really worked!

Go to planned parenthood and get a free test that way you know its accurate.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:16 PM   #10
Melissa_Shaw

Pregnancy tests are about £12 and I converted that into dollars and it's about $19.55, now tell me these aren't expensive over here. [removed]

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 08-16-2004 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Please do not address unsupportive or derogatory posts. Instead notify me by e-mail so I can take care of them. Thank you!

Old 06-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #11

LinseyM HB User
I would have to agree. This person DID NOT say they couldn't afford a test, nor did he or she say that they thought they were pregnant. Maybe they were just curious. [removed] I can afford a test and I am also able to go out and get one, but that would be kind of cool to be able to tell with home products. I know people that have been trying for years. I can't even imagine how much they have invested in pregnancy tests. It would be great for them to be able to make their own. [removed]

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 08-16-2004 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Please do not address unsupportive or derogatory posts. Instead notify me by e-mail so I can take care of them. Thank you!

Old 06-04-2003, 04:28 PM   #12
(female)

teapot HB User
Wow!!! That's waaaaay more than I thought an off the shelf test would be.

They are so inexpensive here some of the ladies buy more than one.

Teapot

Old 06-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #13

Chucksgirl HB User
I've seen some that cost almost $20. Also, I am the one that first posted... I am a teenager and I could afford a test if I really, really thought I was pregnant. There is a chance that I might be, but I highly doubt it. In this town, it's not uncommon for a girl aged 13-19 to be pregnant. A lot of which had no pre-natal care and had healthy babies.

Old 06-11-2003, 01:48 PM   #14
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Draino has never worked for anyone that I've known who have tried it.
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 07-29-2003, 08:23 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
This topic was veryyyyyyyy interesting. I wanted to know about the home pregnancy test, myself. I don't think that I am pregnant or anything, but I was just curious. And to be honest and realistic, I would have tried it, with or without money. Id's still like to know what it was about.

We all like to pretend that were not young once. So when people ask questions we act holier than thou, as if we haven't asked questions, or made wrong descisions. She just was curios, like soooooooooooo many who come to this board. No we don't have to pretend that what they are doing is right. But if you are not going to come from a supportive end, then come from a neutral end. I have asked questions and people have thrown a book at me, or answered in negative way. And yes, there have been positive feedback. Those were the ones that I would remeber if I was blessed with a child. Or my outcome came out the way I wanted it to.

Although there are some excellent posts, sometimes because people believe because they are older, and finally have become pregnant, they now have the power to look down, if those are the reasons. Please think before you advise. There will be questions asked from alllllllll angles. Some that will get on your nerves, but if you can't answer accordingly, don't answer.

Now, baby dust to everyone.

Closed Thread