It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
(female)

sjt23 HB User
Question Constant bleeding

Hello,

I have had irregular bleeding now on and off for the past two years, i have bleed for months at a time and have a week maybe two without bleeding then months of bleeding again, i have seen 3 different doctors and they all prescibed me with birth control pills or 'ponstan' which controls pain and also minimizes the bleeding. At the start i was bleeding really heavily because i had just come off the depo-ralervera shot (while on the depo shot all bleeding had stopped), it startd when i woke up one morning and i had lots of blood im my underwear and it had flow out to the matress, went to docs had blood test and cervix checked and all that came up was a minor infection within a week, it was gone. The following months bleeding was heavy so i started on the ponstan, a few months later i went back on the depo shot and the bleeding slowed right down again, it didnt stop because i only had another two shots then came off again. Since i finished having the depo shot my bleeding has been constant for months at a time, wen to see doctores and they gave me birth control pills, they worked and stopped all bleeding...i then got engaged and my partner and i want to have children in the near future so i went to see my doctor about figuring what exactly was going on with my body and to try get it back to normal so i could ovulate properly. Well since they couldnt see anything wrong with me i just stopped taking everything, to try let my body get back to normal, i didnt want to be taking pills all my life to be normal...plus wanting children! So after not taking anything after a week or so my bleeding stopped, it stopped for a little over a month, then i started bleeding, i bleed for 7 days...i though great its finally getting back to normal YAY!! well on the eight day (today) i start bleeding again ( Does anyone have a similar story that actually got somewhere and found out wat was wrong and wat can i do??? please???

Extra notes that may help???:
My partner and i have frequent intercourse when not bleeding.
My diet is pretty healthy, lots of fruits and vegies, meats and fish. Fast food once a week MAYBE twice.
Regular exercise at the gym with stratches, weights, running/walking and Tae Bo class 5 nights a week (Tae Bo-for the past month)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Constant bleeding

I'm not sure what kind of doctors you have been to, but what you need is an ob/gyn. Find an ob/gyn that will give you a transvaginal ultrasound and sonohystogram. It's highly likely you have either a fibroid or a polyp (possibly more than 1) causing all of the bleeding.

Please don't wait much longer and get this done as soon as possible. I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit which caused me very heavy bleeding, which caused me to become so severely anemic that I required 6 blood transfusions and emergency surgery to remove the fibroid. I am now recovering and in pain from the surgery but at least I'm not bleeding anymore!

I had a very similar problem to yours. My previous gyne kept giving me different birth control pills for many years for my bleeding, which never did anything to help me. I found a new gyne who took me seriously and has been monitoring my situation with ultrasounds at every 6 months to make sure if anything else has come up. Without this doctor, I would probably have died from blood loss. Please take this very seriously because you may be dangerously anemeic as well, at this point, depending on how much blood you have lost. You will need to get a blood test to find out your hemoglobin count. Anything less than 12 is too low, but if it gets lower than 10, you may need a transfusion.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kszan:
sjt23 (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
(female)

sjt23 HB User
Re: Constant bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
I'm not sure what kind of doctors you have been to, but what you need is an ob/gyn. Find an ob/gyn that will give you a transvaginal ultrasound and sonohystogram. It's highly likely you have either a fibroid or a polyp (possibly more than 1) causing all of the bleeding.

Please don't wait much longer and get this done as soon as possible. I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit which caused me very heavy bleeding, which caused me to become so severely anemic that I required 6 blood transfusions and emergency surgery to remove the fibroid. I am now recovering and in pain from the surgery but at least I'm not bleeding anymore!

I had a very similar problem to yours. My previous gyne kept giving me different birth control pills for many years for my bleeding, which never did anything to help me. I found a new gyne who took me seriously and has been monitoring my situation with ultrasounds at every 6 months to make sure if anything else has come up. Without this doctor, I would probably have died from blood loss. Please take this very seriously because you may be dangerously anemeic as well, at this point, depending on how much blood you have lost. You will need to get a blood test to find out your hemoglobin count. Anything less than 12 is too low, but if it gets lower than 10, you may need a transfusion.

Thank you so much for your help, I will surely look into it as soon as I can, thank you!

Closed Thread