It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

Grizabella HB User
Vulva biopsy aftercare advice?

I've had three biopsies on the vulva area today, and now that the numbing is wearing off I'm in a bit of pain! My question is, when you pass urine, is it OK to not be able to wipe properly? I literally can't do it without knocking the stitches. Does this increase the chance of infection?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Vulva biopsy aftercare advice?

If you could get some type of squirt bottle, you could just fill it with lukewarm water and use that instead and blot with tissue. They usually have those bottles at beauty supply stores for applying hair color or you could look in the kitchen section of one of those big stores like target or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #3
(female)

Grizabella HB User

Thanks a lot I will try that...

My gyno didn't really give me any aftercare advice at all, she treats it like it's just routine... I'm 20 and a bit scared to be honest though!

I have three biopsies, and one of them is directly beneath the entrance. They are very very sore today and I have a high temp. Will they heal 100% like I'd never had them? I'm scared I'll never be able to have sex or use a tampon or anything again without being in some discomfort! I mean, I have a scar on my toe that has always caused me pain ever since... that was quite deep though.

Can anyone advise me?

Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi, I think you will find they will heal up nicely given time.
Regarding the wiping, I never did when I had Thrush down there
Blot gently with the softest tissue you can get, and line your undies with some baby-soft cotton wool. Take Care, Solofelix. PS. For hygene do what Kszan said.!!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
(female)

Grizabella HB User

Hey thanks for the help...

I have three biopsies, two are at the side and one is between the two holes.. it's the last one that is taking so long to heal, the wound keeps opening up, I guess it's in an awkward position but I'm worried it won't heal properly. It's been 6 days now and the wound is still open, enough to sting everytime I pee etc. The other two are healing perfectly and I can even touch them they are no longer sore. Any advice on the last one?

Last edited by Grizabella; 06-01-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Spread a layer of VASELINE gently over the sore area before you urinate,
wont do the wound any harm and water will run of it. Solofelix.

Closed Thread