It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
(male)

Alexander1991 HB User
Talking Unprotected Sex, risk of pregnancy?

Hi,

I recently had unprotected sex and ejaculated inside of my partner. I think that she is on birth control, but during sex forgot to ask her due to the fact that I was intoxicated. I assumed that she was since she is responsible in other aspects of her life and hope that her responsible nature transfers to other parts of her life. What are the chances that she will become pregnant. Looking for a numerical answer rather then answers such as 'high' or 'low'. Any references would be much appreciated as well as any comments. As well, I am prepared for the long term consequences so please consider this in your answer.

Thank you for your time,

Alexander

Last edited by Alexander1991; 06-04-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Re: Unprotected Sex

Assuming she is actually probably as responsible as you are, I would never assume she is on the pill.

It's almost impossible to guess. Look at it this way. There's about a 1 in 10 chance that she would have been fertile. (2 or 3 days out of every month) Then you have to play into it the odds of her personal history and fertility. You really can't guess that and since you don't even know her well enough to know if she is on the pill, you probably don't know her sexual/fertility/health history.

You'll know in a couple of weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Unprotected Sex, risk of pregnancy?

You may ask her when was the date she first had her last period and how many days her cycle is.( A female cycle could be from 24- 30 days, with a lot of variations)
If her cycle is regular and lasts e.g. 28 days, she is fertile any time from say the 12th day to the 16th to be on the safe side. ( The count starts on the first day of her last period) Say she had her period on the 30th of April, she will most probably be fertile from the 10th of May to the 15th May. However, these fertility calculations are very basic and are very much influenced by a number of other factors. So, if she doesnt know about her cycle or when her last period was, the only thing to do is wait for a couple of weeks and ask her to have a pregnancy test.
Please forgive me for mentioning this but next time, do yourself a favor and use a condom even if you are intoxicated, to avoid getting something really nasty like Aids on top of getting your partner pregnant.
Good luck!

Closed Thread