It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

Becca206 HB User
HELP!!! Uteris lining or polyp...very confused about what to do!

Started out a year ago thinking I had a simple kidney or blatter infection. Took antibiotics and was better. About a month later after a workout I started spotting. Went back to my midwife who sent me for an ultra sound that showed an enlarged uteris lining. She sent me to a gyno and I was told to take prevera for 12 days. I felt great while taking the medicine, no mood swings or hot flashes! Started hard cramps and bleeding the day of the last pill. Bleed for 6 days then went back for another ultra sound. Now I am being told its a 1.7cm polyp! Have spotted about everyday since I stopped my regular cycle, is this uncommon? Doctor called an hour after the ultra sound to schedule surgery to remove my uteris....I am not sure that I want to undergo surgery right now. I started a estrogen reducing diet and from reading post on here think I will ask my gyno to extend the use of the provera. Anyone have any suggestions or expierence with this? I am 41 years old and have NEVER had any problems until the last year. I have slight pressure in my back and lower stomach but the mood swings and hot flashes are horrible! Crying for NO reason and laughing at myself for crying!!! Been having some dizzy spells and light headed since I got off the provera. But I do have ear and sinus problems that might be causing the dizzy spells. Can anyone please help with my next step?!!! My daughter starts college in a 1 1/2 months and would hate to be down because of surgery!
I had a bi-op done and it was benign. I still feel like I have a kidney infection??? This is been going on for to long with no solid answers!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: HELP!!! Uteris lining or polyp...very confused about what to do!

Wait, wait, the doc wants to remove your uterus just because of a polyp? No, that's not right. You can have a hysteroscopy done to remove just the polyp and have a D&C done to clean you out but the uterus stays where it is.

Please don't allow this doctor to remove your uterus over a polyp! I've had the hysteroscopy done about 6 times to remove polyps which keep coming back. It's no big deal, it's outpatient surgery. I'm up and walking around the next day because they use a light anesthesia that does not require intubation. You may have some bleeding for a few days afterwards and then you should be fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
Becca206 (06-20-2011), Kali333 (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

Becca206 HB User
Re: HELP!!! Uteris lining or polyp...very confused about what to do!

Thank you SO much. I have been worried sick about this issue! I had a feeling that surgery that fast was uncalled for. I tried to call today and ask for more provera for my mood swings but cannot get a call back!
You are great, I so apprieciate the fast reply!

Closed Thread