It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
(female)

Teach70 HB User
Boric Acid and cramping

I started boric acid suppositories for a yeast infection 6 days ago. This was a few days after my period ended. I am taking 600mg 1x nightly. For the last 3 days I have had cramping that lasts all day long. Has anyone experienced pelvic pain with using boric acid? This is the first time I used it. I get yeast infections almost every month after my period. Diflucan doesn't seem to work very well. I decided to try something new.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
(female)

brosso HB User
Re: Boric Acid and cramping

I used boric acid suppositories for a total of about 3 nights several months back and did experience cramping. I was using premade suppositories that I bought from a compound pharmacy though, that I had to keep refrigerated. It was in a weird gel-like form. Not sure if it makes a difference if you are using capsules with powder or not. Anywho, after two nights, I started to notice that I had black specks in my urine. The cramping and general pain down there got worse and worse, and I ended up going to the gynecologist. Turns out, for whatever reason, the suppository wasn't completely melting/dissolving the way it should, so it clumped up and got stuck. The gyno had to remove the hard mass that had formed. I'm not sure if I also had some sort of weird allergic reaction to it or not that caused that, but be wary if you start to see any black/dark red specks. After I had the junk removed the pain and cramping almost immediately went away and then completely subsided after another day. I never tried using them again, and you may be having cramping pain for a completely different reason, but that's what did it for me.

Just make sure you are wetting it down before hand if you are using a capsule with powder so it helps the dissolving process. Also, make sure you aren't sticking it up too far or something. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread