It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
(female)

KJBear HB User
Question Sore Breasts and Nipples --What can cause this?

I have very sore and tender breasts. And my nipples are a little sore to.
Unsure if this maybe related to it or not but I'll tell you anyway. When I was 17 years old my right nipple use to play up really bad it would discharge I use to get it a week before my period. It would stick to my bra it would even leak onto my shirt in some cases. I tried the pads you where when you breastfeed That didn't help at all it would still make them stick and sometimes it felt like my nipple would rip off when I would pull it away. Then it changed and I got it after my period. Then it also happened to my left a few times. But it's always my right. It gets so itchy. I have cream for it but it stings and burns when I put it on. I even said that to the doctor but she said you have to put it on. I sometimes do get it not as much as I use to and not a week before my period or after.
(Going back to my concern today)

For a little while both my breasts & nipples have been really sore and tender. And I can barely touch them. My right side is a little itchy more so then my left. They do feel bigger and a little heavier. Any ideas what may cause this?
The last time I felt a little sore and tender & heavier my doctor thought I may have been pregnant (I also had a few other symptoms to) but I do not see that as a possibility right now.
Any suggestions or even someone else going through the same thing Will all be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
(female)

brightstar01 HB User
Re: Sore Breasts and Nipples --What can cause this?

Could you have an allergy to certain fabrics of bras? Do you exercize alot? Maybe the area just really sensitive to some fabrics, x

Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

KJBear HB User

No allergy to certain fabrics they have always been the same no difference in fabric.
I don't exercise to much but I do exercise.
I haven't done anything new even with a new exercises or eaten new foods or drink.
I do not drink that much coffee I do drink green tea though. And I don't eat alot of salty foods

Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 AM   #4
(female)

KJBear HB User

My partner can not even touch them as when he does they hurt
(even if I am not wearing a bra) lol

Old 06-22-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
(female)

brightstar01 HB User

Lol I get sore swollen breasts a week up to my period and they are painful to, what are your other symptoms?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
(female)

KJBear HB User

Aahh okay ouwch

Well it's mainly just the soreness and tenderness at the moment and they do feel heavy once again. My right one did discharge a little while back only for a few days. (It's been feeling like that for two weeks now) Although I woke up today feeling terrible and my stomach felt a little odd.

I was bleeding for two days again though. I am on BC I've been on it for three years. And I shouldn't be bleeding as I shouldn't get my period yet either. Although there is a high chance my pill is no longer strong enough for me

Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
(female)

brightstar01 HB User

Perhaps take a pregnency test just to be sure, if negative then try coming off the pill for a bit, it mite help x

Old 06-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
(female)

KJBear HB User
Smile Re: Sore Breasts and Nipples --What can cause this?

True..
I have to put it past my other half to. I did want to stop it for a bit due to the fact I was bleeding a lot more.

The last time I felt this way I got a blood test to see if I was pregnant but I wasn't. And I highly doubt that is a possibility as I do not have any other symptoms to do with it. Unlike last time.
I'll give it a try anyway.

Thanks (:

Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
(female)

brightstar01 HB User

I had to stop takeing the pill coz it didnt agree with me, but there are other alternatives such as the patch, injection, the implant, the chip, you mite be more suited to something else, let me know how you get on, x

Old 06-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
(female)

KJBear HB User

Shall do (:

Ah true true...
I don't really want to get the implant I know alot of people say it's better but there are a few that have problems with it. The only thing is I never use to have problems with the one I'm on (Levlen ED) although I was 19years old when I started it. And my moods and body don't feel no different to before I took it. Iy's going to be fun when I go on a new one then you have to find one that agrees with you and what works best lol

Thanks
I've never heard of any of the others for where I live but then it never comes in to conversations.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #11
(female)

KJBear HB User

I took a pregnancy test this morning and it did come back negative

Closed Thread

Tags
breasts, nipples, tender