It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

xoxo89 HB User
vaginal cut, help!

About two weeks ago my vagina felt somewhat itchy but in a normal way (not yeast infection I don't think) usually it's the inside of the lips that are somewhat itchy. So I scratched and unfortunately I think I scratched too hard that I cut myself at the very top of my vagina (right at the very start/crease of I guess what you would call the clitoral hood but not on the actual hood, right at the very beginning/top/crease of skin where the lips are, sorry I'm not very good at terminology). Anyway I've been putting a little bacitracin on the cut which is a little sliver pretty much daily hoping for it to heal...but so far it hasn't. I'm just getting nervous hoping that it's not infected...I'm not sure what else to do, if anyone has had this or can give advice it would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you!

Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User
Re: vaginal cut, help!

As a mother I would say after a shower let it air dry and do not rub the area. If you have vasoline or Aquafor put some of that on it. It will heal. It is a very sensitive area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

xoxo89 HB User

Thank you so much for your advice, I feel like I may be prolonging the issue by rubbing it when the cut itches which is probably the reason why it hasn't healed yet. My biggest concern is not knowing if it could be infected or what symptoms to look for (when I should know to go to the doctor...)

Old 06-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User

Def quit rubbing it. If it get hot and looks like it has pus coming from it then it's infected. I'm sure it's ok. Keep undies clean. It happens to my daughters

Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

I'd quit putting antibacterial ointment on it.
That may be preventing healing (by keeping it moist and greasy).
If I were you I'd try witch hazel instead.
It's a very mild astringent, safe for use on the genitals.
After the birth of my first child, I had some stitches in my vagina, and the doctor recommended witch hazel compresses. It worked really well, dried the area out and let it heal.
My husband uses witch hazel on his hemorrhoids. It seriously is very mild. It won't hurt you at all.
But since you're not having any luck with this ointment, you might go ahead and try this; use it to dry the area out, and healing may ensue.

Best of luck.

Closed Thread