It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

shortstuff77 HB User
Question Late Period,Severe Cramping & Tubes Are Tied

Hi! I am 33yrs old & had a tubal ligation about 20mos ago after the birth of my 3rd child. So, I shouldn't be pregnant, though I know that it's not unheard of.
My period is about a week late & I've been having alot of moderate to severe cramping for the last 2 weeks. My cycle has been pretty much like perfect clockwork since about 4mos after my sons birth & the tubal ligation. It's kind of odd for me to be late like this.
It is normal for me to have bad PMS symptoms - TERRIBLE cramps, headaches, grouchiness. The PMS came right on schedule this month, but the cramps have been alot worse than usual. I've also been more grouchy & emotionally funky than my norm. My poor husband is not a happy camper either, LOL!
This morning when I went to the bathroom there was a teeny bit of some very light pink clumpy discharge. I often get a bit of that just before I start but not as light pink as this was.
I shouldn't be pregnant, but like I said, I know it can happen. A few years ago a friend of mine had a tubal pregnancy even though her tubes were tied 5yrs prior. She said that her symptoms were very much like what mine are now.
Anyone have any ideas of whats up? I know there's always a chance that my body is just being funky... it wouldn't be the 1st time! My hubby thinks that if I have not started by Monday I should go see the doc. But I just don't know! Should I wait it out a little longer or go ahead and make an appointment? Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
(female)

Needsomehelp83 HB User
Re: Late Period,Severe Cramping & Tubes Are Tied

hi Shotstuff77!

I have the same experience.. except my tubes aren't tied? I am waiting for two ultrasounds to determine if I have cysts or fibroids etc.. I have had the most crampy spotting for the last month on and off all light pink and I am almost 8 months post partum... wasn't sure if this is normal ( I am breastfeeding still but not exclusively)? Have you contacted your doctor yet and did you get you period?? I have searched online to see of anyone else has had this.. also I feel very sick and have 3rd trimester symptoms although blood test confirm I am not pregnant? I feel urge to urinate, nauseous and breast tenderness...this is so weird did you expereince any of this and did you get in contact with your doctor???

Old 06-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

Needsomehelp83 HB User

hi Shotstuff77!

I have the same experience.. except my tubes aren't tied? I am waiting for two ultrasounds to determine if I have cysts or fibroids etc.. I have had the most crampy spotting for the last month on and off all light pink and I am almost 8 months post postpartum... wasn't sure if this is normal ( I am breastfeeding still but not exclusively)? Have you contacted your doctor yet and did you get you period?? I have searched online to see of anyone else has had this.. also I feel very sick and have 3rd trimester symptoms although blood test confirm I am not pregnant? I feel urge to urinate, nauseous and breast tenderness...this is so weird did you experience any of this and did you get in contact with your doctor please advise???

Old 06-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
(female)

kenzie32404 HB User

If you are even a bit concerned about a tubal pregnancy, you should go get checked out asap. not trying to scare you but they can cause serious problems. Hope everything turns out good for you!

Closed Thread