It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
(female)

proudmama40 HB User
Fluttering in stomach but not pregnant

Please help.. I have been having this fluttering feeling like a baby kicking for a few days. Mostly on left side of abdomen. Except when I sneezed the other day, then it felt like major fluttering in lower abdomen. I have been pregnant before and know what it feels like when a baby kicks, but I can't be pregnant. The last time I had sex was 6 months ago. Since then, I have had a period every month and have had 4-5 negative preg tests. The most recent one was yesterday. What in the world could this be?? It's not painful or anything, just strange. I would think if I was pregnant, the test would show positive and I would have some other symptoms or wt gain. So what can be causing this feeling? FYI, I am 40 years old. Have ovarian cysts. Do not take birth control. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
(male)

jelleyjr31 HB User
Re: Fluttering in stomach but not pregnant

My wife has the same strange feeling, but as long as she is moving around, she is fine. It is not constant, but just irritating to her. We have 2 kids, and she describes it just the same way you do, as a baby kicking. We had to finally do a blood test to make sure 100% if she was prego, but no luck . The doctor said it was like a sympathy pregnancy and sometimes your body can react to "suggestions" or "unconcious wants". I think he is full of BS, but that is just me. Hope you find out what it is, or hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I've had an ovarian cyst create that sensation before.

LOL... I think think Mrs. Jelley's doc is shoveling it, too. I thought that kind of chauvinism went out with the '70s.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

Lollipop24 HB User

It could just be a muscle spasm caused by muscle fatigue, or excessive gas etc. I had that fluttering feeling in my stomach before for a few days too but it eventually went away had it on my side a couple of times too..

You can always see a doctor and get tested to make sure 100% it isn't pregnancy because apparently women can be pregnant and not know it and at home test can be inaccurate (but I doubt all tests would say negative if you were pregnant.)

Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
(female)

JulieH11 HB User

Hiya,

I don't no if anyone can help. I missed my period back in may and I didn't start again til august. It lasted about 3 days then I've still been having a period but it's been different to normal I'd spot on one day the. 3 days later start my period and Its only lasting 3 days but quite light. Laterly over the last 4 weeks I've had fluttering in my stomach. Not just in one place in different place's. I've also put about 6lbs in weight on. Back in July I done 2 preg test's and they were negative. A friend of mine didn't find out she was pregnant til 7 months gone. I wierd that either I could be pregnant? But what would the chances be. Or it maybe something eles.

Could anyone help or had the same problems and found out they were pregnant or it was something different

Closed Thread