It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

l0v3 HB User
Inverted/Flat Nipple Correction without surgery?

Hello, I am a 21 year old female and I have flat nipples. Mine do not go inside, they stay flat to the areola. They barely did much even when cold or aroused until I started using invasive tools to get them to come out. I started using avent niplette but I stopped because the thimble-like cup was too big for my nipples since they were flat. I started using supple cups because they come in different sizes and they worked like a charm for me so far. (only been about 2 weeks) Now they don't get as flat anymore and they get really big when cold or aroused and I can even use the avent niplette now because of the improved size.

My question is, how 'permanent' are the affects? Has anyone used avent niplette or supple cups or any other device to aid inverted/flat nipples that is not pregnant? I am doing this for cosmetic reasons.

Any success stories without surgery?

Thank you :-)

Old 06-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
(female)

l0v3 HB User
Re: Inverted/Flat Nipple Correction without surgery?

anyone? :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Everyone I have ever known with inverted nipples was happy with them. So, sorry. No advice. Wish I had them instead of these huge ones!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I used Avent many years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter because I wanted to breastfeed. Unfortunately in my case, they didn't work. I was uncomfortable each day and there was no improvement at all.
Of course, this is just my experience, so don't give up hope. I understand that the surgery to release the nipples is a rather easy one, but numbness can potentially be a side effect, so I chose not to take that chance.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
(female)

l0v3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slenderella View Post
I used Avent many years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter because I wanted to breastfeed. Unfortunately in my case, they didn't work. I was uncomfortable each day and there was no improvement at all.
Of course, this is just my experience, so don't give up hope. I understand that the surgery to release the nipples is a rather easy one, but numbness can potentially be a side effect, so I chose not to take that chance.
thanx for the reply :-) so far they have returned have not returned back to their original flat state and I stopped using any device for 2 days straight now, I'll go back to using them for the full 3 months but I am just curious how well they work. With the supple cups I use medela soft shells for inverted nipples on top so they don't come off or bother me and I end up keeping them on for over 8 hours each day lol I wear them when I wake up until when I go to sleep and yeah the surgery is very simple but I want to be able to breastfeed and there is no guarantee that I can do this after surgery but if this does not work than surgery may become my only option.

The Following User Says Thank You to l0v3 For This Useful Post:
petunia31 (10-30-2012)
Closed Thread