It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

hope4anxiety HB User
Exclamation Hair Falling out at 31

I have long hair & I'm 31 and I've noticed my hair falling out, I don't want to say in huge clumps or anything but especially after I get out of the shower there will be a good bit that is just hanging down farther than the rest of my hair. More than I feel is "normal". Had anyone else experienced this in their early 30's? Anything I can do to prevent it?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

Ksusha77 HB User
Re: Hair Falling out at 31

Hi
First, sorry you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel. I've had that problem a few times already. Each time it took a while for it to stop. I want to admit though I am in my early 20s and you would think I shouldn't be having these kinds of problems, but I do,unfortunately. For the past two times, my hair loss was most likely caused by hormonal fluctuations. I had irregular periods and was put on birth control, it was then that I noticed huge hair loss. OMG, it was a nightmare. Been to a dermatologist, but to no avail. Eventually, problems resolved and everything was fine....until my first pregnancy that I lost at 4 months (one month ago). Right after two weeks after my loss, bang, again, same problem. Also hormonal. It's crazy.
I am not sure as to you medical history. Do you or have you taken any meds (especially those containing hormones, like birth control) that you may think can be the cause? Also, stress is a big one. You will hear and read about it everywhere if you google hair loss. Nutrition?
You should have your thyroid checked as well as iron.
This is just some input from me, because I know how this can make you stressed, which doesn't help. Hopefully everything gets resolved. Visit to your doctor would be useful if the problem persists.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread