It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

MizPippin HB User
Early Period

Hi all,

I am new to the boards, so please bear with me!!

A bit of info for you: I'm 22 years old, not on the pill, and not sexually active. (In fact, my friends call me "Extra Virgin" because I've never even been kissed ) I've lost a good amount of weight in the last three years, totalling somewhere in the 60 lb range. I've had some issues in the last two years with allergic reactions to medicines (antibiotics- amoxicilin, biaxin) as well as food allergies, and discovered I was lactose intolerant.

At any rate, for the last year or so, my cycle has been a bit irregular, coming somewhere between 23-26 days instead of the "standard" 28 days. Well this month, it came 20 days Is this bad? Should I be worried? As I said previously, I am definitely NOT sexually active, so pregnancy is not possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
(female)

villania HB User
Re: Early Period

When i was at the 5th grade i was having my first menstruation and it really ****** me off because during that time, i was in school and classes was going on. I don't know who will be im going to ask what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I wouldn't worry too much if I was you.
The different medications and the weight loss would certainly go some way to upsetting your Menstrual Cycle.
The added fact that you have food Allergies also, would possibly contribute as no doubt you have had to adjust your diet.
Do you feel well in yourself, if not then you should seek medical advice.
All the best, Solofelix.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
(female)

MizPippin HB User

Okay, so my last cycle fell at a normal time, but this month, I feel it coming on now, a whole seven days early... I have been sick with a nasty sinus infection and was on Zithromax, but I'm not certain if that could've affected it or not. Frustrating!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

Some medications can affect a female's menstrual cycle but sometimes periods can be early. It depends on the woman's cycle. Every girl is different. Some girl's start early, on time or later.

Closed Thread