It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

bostonhoward HB User
General Questions about Yeast Infections

Good Afternoon,

I did not know if I was in the correct forum but maybe someone can help me. I am having concurrent yeast infections. I have had several this year, and I'm not sure what is their cuase. I have been tested for STD which were negative and after 2 doses of Diflucan they resolved. I am sexually active with my last time in May. Could it be something else. What are the differences between having a general yeast v. STD's? Secondly, what are some of the other cuases of concurrent yeast infections? Your response is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User
Re: General Questions about Yeast Infections

mostly thrush, antibiotics, medication, unclean sex toys/touching,.try some probiotics from the chemist, and eat lots of yoghurt. if it continues after a couple of weeks, its probably not a thrush issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Some women are just prone to them. Some times in your life, you may just have a ph imbalance in your vagina, causing you to get them more frequently. Hormones can cause this.
Keep in mind that a yeast infection isn't an actual "infection"; it's an overgrowth of what is normally in your vagina anyway, which is caused by an imbalance in your ph.
There have been years when I've gotten four or five yeast infections, and five year periods where I've gotten none. When I had an eating disorder and weighed about 90 pounds for a few years in my 20s, I had them constantly (which is why I think they're caused by hormonal issues or just a generally run-down immune system). As of today, I haven't had one in several years. it just depends.

Antibiotics can cause them (by killing off the "good" bacteria in your vagina, allowing an overgrowth of yeast).
You could also be getting reinfected by your partner; men can harbor yeast also, especially if they're uncircumcised. Oral sex (performed on a woman) can also cause yeast infections.
There is no STD that has symptoms quite like a yeast infection, so don't worry about that.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Kali333; 07-01-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If you have the same partner all this time, he may be infected. Get him treated as well.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User

also try washing your area in diluted apple cider vinegar,,it helps to correct the ph balance down there, as well as extra cleansing...dont worry abt vinegar smell, after a few minutes it goes away, and you get even less odour down there that normal..bonus!

The Following User Says Thank You to nightingale00 For This Useful Post:
bostonhoward (07-02-2011)
Old 07-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
(female)

misty073 HB User

Have you been tested for a yeast infection or just assuming because of symptoms? I had what I thought was a reoccuring yeast infection but my tests were neg. After 6 years I was finally diagnosed with VIN. Dysplasia on the vulva (the same precancer that is found on the cervix during a pap). When ever I hear of reoccuring yeast infections I always mention for people to get tested, it's a simple wash the gyno applies to determine whether the area needs a biopsy, had I heard this years ago I may not have reached stage 2.

Closed Thread