It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
(female)

bluekoala HB User
I look too young

I'm a 32 year old woman who looks abnormally young and it has caused me pain, anxiety and frustration. Please do not tell me that I will appreciate it when I'm 50, I've heard it a thousand times.

I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome but am of normal weight. I would like to know if there could be a hormonal reason for my ridiculously youthful looking face?

Old 07-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I look too young

Actually, it would be genetic. Do you wear make up? If not, try that. It can add maturity to your look. If you do wear some, bring it up a notch. The major retailers all have make up artists who can help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
(female)

bluekoala HB User

It's funny because I look even younger with makeup so I stopped wearing any foundation on my face.

If it's genetic, why am I the only one in my family with pcos and the only one who looks abnormally young?

Old 07-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I don't know that PCOS has anything to do with anything along those lines. Somewhere along the way, some relative of yours looked young. You inherited that gene....and I understand. The last time I was seriously carded I was 36! And the clerk who carded me - for a 6 pack of beer - was the same age as I was and boy, she looked her age!! So, I understand about looking young.

And foundation isn't wearing makeup. I mean: liner, eye shadow, mascara, blush, maybe even false eyelashes. The whole 9 yards. Go to the department store and get it professionally done.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
bluekoala (07-05-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

I don't have PCOS and I look 'abnormally' young.

There's nothing I can do to look my age. But at the same time, I do live my life according to my age. I don't think there's anything else you can do aside of that. Makeup doesn't help when you just look young. Some haircuts can make you look older- a lot of these newer layered big looks- but you need to know your hair type or else you may end up looking like a one of those really cute Disney actresses or looking like a emo- high schooler.

I think its something in our DNA/ genes and I don't think it's anything abnormal. It's just the cards we were dealt. I know there are women out there who may find us ridiculous for considering this an issue. But it's real. You want to look like you're in your 30s NOW, not when you're 50!

Good luck blue. At the end of the day, you are 32!! So when you start feeling anxious about your age, just remind yourself that you are 32 regardless of how you feel. No one can stop you from doing anything cause of how you look. And if people want to judge you because of how you look, that's their problem and its something you can't change. As long as you represent yourself the way you want to, try not to think about the physical.

The Following User Says Thank You to curly fry For This Useful Post:
bluekoala (07-05-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
(female)

JML4 HB User

i feel you pain when it comes to looking young. I am 31 and have had people tell me I don't even look 16! I have 5 and 7 year old sons and most people think that I am their nanny. I have been asked by the cabel guy if my mother/homeowner was home. I am only 5'2" and weigh just under 100lbs. This probably has something to do with it. Are you petite as well?

It is extreemly frusterating. It bothers me when people tell me that I will appreciate it when I get older. I feel like I always have to build credibility and prove myself to the other parents of the children at the school my boys go to.

I find that short hair makes me look younger so I choose to have a longer hairstyle. I also make sure that I wear at least eyeliner and mascara if nothing else.

The funny thing is that my husband is balding and people assume that he is a sugar daddy or my father...geesh people! mind your own business.

Good luck!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
(female)

bluekoala HB User

Hi JML4,

My problem is my face is extremely young looking. I'm tall, I have long hair and I wear clothes for my age but people still gasp when I tell them I'm 32. It wouldn't bother me as much if they were polite about it but many times they're not. If someone looks old, I wouldn't draw attention to how old they look and why they have so many wrinkles.

:-(

Closed Thread