It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

the1andonly HB User
Help.

So I have a scenario here that I need possible help with. I was pregnant and ended up having an abortion in January. So anyway, my stomach below my belly button has recently started bulging a bit, and it's hard when I push on it. It's reminding me of how it felt when I was pregnant, and since I am super paranoid now, I've been going crazy thinking I could be pregnant again. However, I have gotten my period twice since there was even the slightest chance I might have been able to get pregnant, and I literally took 4 pregnancy tests all within 2 months and they were all negative.

The last one I took was about 2 or 3 days ago, negative. I went to the doctor and he's treating me for a UTI, because he checked my urine and there was trace in it. Could the UTI be making my belly bulgy and hard on the inside? I feel sort of crampy as well and I've been peeing a lot, so I'm just hoping it's all from the UTI. I just need the peace of mind...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-10-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Please post only once on the most appropriate board and read the stickies before posting. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
(female)

keshep49 HB Userkeshep49 HB User
Re: Help.

Has your stomach looked bulged/hard after the abortion as well? Or is this Just recently?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

the1andonly HB User

Really just within in the past month or so I think. I've been noticing it more lately because it's been sore. I was really constipated a while back as well and my mom was saying that stress can cause your body to go all crazy. And that I was probably just full of crap (LOL) but it's really worrying me I've recently been having some crampy pains there as well.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

The UTI will cause you to feel the urge to pee a lot, but often only a bit comes out. You may also notice a red tinge to it, or it can be very red or orange in color.

As far as the bulge and hard belly, I am not sure what may be the cause of that. When you were treated for the UTI, did you mention that belly issue to him/her? I would make a point to ask you doctor about this, perhaps you need another look with some kind of sonogram or other device to see if there is anything there.

Did the belly bulging appear before the UTI, or was it at the same time? Either way, I think this is something the doctor should look at. Once the UTI is treated, it would be nice if you had a both these issues resolved so you can have that peace of mind you are seeking.

Wishing you the best!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

keshep49 HB Userkeshep49 HB User

Could it be an infection from the abortion?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
(female)

the1andonly HB User

Thanks. I didn't notice the belly bulging until later, after the abortion. So I don't think it's from that, I just started noticing recently. I didn't bring it up to the doctor, he felt my belly and tapped on it when he did my exam to treat me for the UTI. I thought maybe if he felt like it was hard or something, he'd say something, but then again, I know my body and he might not know anything unless I say something.

I told my mom about it and she thinks I'm being crazy, since I've had 2 normal periods since I started noticing, and I did take 4 pregnancy tests and they were all negative. I'm just crazy paranoid because of the crap I had to go through before... it just makes me nervous.

Another thing, I've lost about 15 pounds since I had gotten pregnant, I had the abortion in January...I've always fluctuated around 125 and now I'm about 110, so my coworker thought maybe since I've lost so much weight I'm not noticing things bulging since I've lost that weight...I dont know, but thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!!

Closed Thread