HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Calcification of right ovary and chronic pelvic pain, please advise! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/858782-calcification-right-ovary-chronic-pelvic-pain-please-advise.html)

onesweetworld 07-12-2011 11:14 AM

Calcification of right ovary and chronic pelvic pain, please advise!

Hi, I'm new here!

I'm 24, female, and have an array of symptoms that may not all be related however I figured Id post them anyway and see if someone has had similar symptoms in the past and can offer advice. Thanks in advance!

[B]Symptoms[/B]
-Chronic lower abdominal and pelvic pain. I also have pelvic pain when I make a bowel movement. The pelvic pain has been more intense the past week in the right side near the ovary but has begun radiating to my right hip and lower back.
-Dizziness and episodes of blurry vision. My vision has become worse and I feel dizzy often and have trouble walking straight. The dizziness is especially intense when I get up quickly or stand up after sitting for a length of time.
-Fatigue. I feel like I have no energy these days.
-Weight gain of almost 10 pounds over the past two months. I feel like my abdomen and lower half of my body have gotten bigger very quickly and my clothes don't fit the way they used to.
-Recently started feeling full after eating very little. My appetite is very low.
-Shortness of breath for over a month, with little or no exertion. I get winded walking up a flight of stairs. If I bend down to pick something up I have to gasp for air and I feel like there is intense pressure.
-Arm and leg numbness and weakness began a couple of weeks ago. I feel pain in my legs when I'm walking and it feels like it takes a lot of effort. I've experienced tingling in my shoulder radiating down to my hand.
-Palpitations. First episode was over a month ago while sitting at my desk at work. Second was about a week later. Third episode was two weeks ago while in the shower, accompanied by extreme shortness of breath and feeling pressure and pain in my lower abdomen.

[B]Tests[/B]
-Internist: Blood tests came back normal except I have a slightly elevated CRP at 1.0 which is a marker of inflammation.
-Cardiologist: I got an EKG and wore a heart monitor for ten days. Turns out I have a trace of mitral valve prolapse but the monitor didn't show anything else that was concerning to the doctor other than that I occasionally have tachycardia. He doesn't know why I'm having shortness of breath.
-Gynecologist: Ordered pelvic/abdominal/transvaginal ultrasounds. Tests came back normal except I have calcification of my right ovary, but no cysts were found.

I'm seeing a neurologist today and am going to make an appointment with a pulmonologist.

I had my period two weeks ago and I took a pregnancy test that was negative. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst on my right ovary about two years ago but I've been on the nuvaring for over three years. I have anxiety but not on a level that would cause these kinds of symptoms, according to my therapist.

Thanks so much for any help or advice you can offer!